Problem with Filament Picker in EMAN2 ver 2.99.47

Mark Frank

May 15, 2024, 2:28:10 PMMay 15
to EMAN2
Dear EMAN2 users,
I wish to pick particles from filaments. Unfortunately, when using the filament picker as described here https://blake.bcm.edu/emanwiki/EMAN2/e2tomo_more#Filament_refinement

I can add points to a curve and interpolate along that curve but ctrl + click (or Command + click) does not terminate the curve so I can start a new one. I tried working a Linux workstation and am having the same issue on that machine.

Any solutions?

e2version.py output (Mac):

EMAN 2.99.47 ( GITHUB: 2023-03-04 21:22 - commit: NOT-INSTALLED-FROM-GIT-REPO )

Your EMAN2 is running on: Mac OS 14.5 x86_64

Your Python version is: 3.9.18

e2version.py output (Linux):

EMAN 2.99.47 ( GITHUB: 2023-03-04 13:31 - commit: 3f313008c3185410fe859663e763dffb9c0b6fcc )

Your EMAN2 is running on: Linux-4.19.0-26-amd64-x86_64-with-glibc2.28 4.19.0-26-amd64

Your Python version is: 3.9.16

-Mark Frank
Penn State

Muyuan Chen

May 15, 2024, 2:37:40 PMMay 15
to em...@googlegroups.com
I only use Linux and it always works. It is quite hard to guess what went wrong. Maybe upgrading to continuous build helps, since Steve added some Mac friendly things lately. Although maybe it is just a wrong keyboard or remote control issue with Linux machines?

On May 15, 2024, at 11:28 AM, Mark Frank <marka...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear EMAN2 users,

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eman2/29fba3f2-5347-4f4f-bdad-3b90225c4f75n%40googlegroups.com.

Ian Thomas Cooney

May 15, 2024, 9:55:36 PMMay 15
to EMAN2
Hi Mark,

Holding command and double-clicking works for me on Mac.

Mark Frank

May 17, 2024, 7:39:04 PMMay 17
to em...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,
For me, it was more like a triple click but my mouse is indicating it needs a charge so that is likely why it is being finicky. I was not as successful with my TrackPad, but I can now draw curves once I charge my mouse. Thanks!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eman2/a355e4f4-03f8-42bd-b36c-a0415f03fbd1n%40googlegroups.com.