export to img

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mar 12, 2024, 1:32:19 PMMar 12
to EMAN2
Dear all,

I am still missing the good old eman boxer. There was the easy option to write the particles from each micrograph directly as .img.  (write output)
How can I do this with the newer version?

best

Ludtke, Steven J.

Mar 12, 2024, 1:37:33 PMMar 12
to em...@googlegroups.com
e2boxer.py --help
will show all of the command line options. One of these is --write_ptcls

In the days of boxer in EMAN1, people would typically have projects with 10-50 micrographs, and extensive manual handling of each micrograph was reasonable. That strategy is just not practical in modern projects with 1000-10000 micrographs, so all of the workflows were streamlined, and targeted at making sure information about your workflow is properly recorded.

---
Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <slu...@bcm.edu>                      Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology        Dept. of Biochemistry
Deputy Director, Advanced Technology Cores                  and Molecular Pharmacology
Academic Director, CryoEM Core
Co-Director CIBR Center

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eman2/c270adcd-9164-4616-82fe-d6122d9f9421n%40googlegroups.com.