Merging PyQt5

Steve Ludtke

Feb 28, 2019, 1:28:51 AM2/28/19
to eman2-de...@googlegroups.com
We are hoping to merge the PyQt5 branch back to master in the very near future as we prepare for the release. After merging PyQt5 to master, we will make the official branch for the release from the updated master. I'm not sure where the SPHIRE group is doing their release development right now, but I think it's on a separate branch from PyQt5? Do you have any issues with us doing this merge now? I don't believe this will cause any major changes to master, other than the obvious GUI version update...

ie - Pawel, I believe you can just

conda install qt=5

and you should be able to use master after we do this update.
Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <slu...@bcm.edu> Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (www.bcm.edu/biochem)
Academic Director, CryoEM Core (cryoem.bcm.edu)
Co-Director CIBR Center (www.bcm.edu/research/cibr)

Markus Stabrin

Feb 28, 2019, 2:11:10 AM2/28/19
to eman2-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello Steve,

No not a problem at all, we are looking forward to the merge.

To avoid breaking the versions in the master branch until development and first testings are completed, we shifted our major development to the SPHIRE_release_1.2_preparations branch. However, I merge the master branch on a daily bases, so that it is not diverging.

We plan to finish the major changes over the weekend, so that we can merge back into master at the beginning of next week.

Our GUI's are now qt4 and qt5 compatible (after we do the merge) and tested with the master branch as well as the PyQt5 branch, so we do not expect any problems after the merge.

Best,
Markus

Mar 1, 2019, 12:30:55 AM3/1/19
to eman2-de...@googlegroups.com, Steve Ludtke
Hi,

I first updated it without qt5 and it worked, except for display, obviously. So I updated qt5 and (1) it worked on the cluster,
but I never use any graphics on it, but (2) on my Mac I got the attached error. Maybe I should reinstall everything?

Paul-Mac:/Users/pawel 327> sx.py
Python 2.7.3 |Continuum Analytics, Inc.| (default, Dec 20 2012, 09:57:39)

? -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help -> Python's own help system.
object? -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.
ImportError Traceback (most recent call last)
/Users/pawel/miniconda2/bin/sx_real.py in <module>()
36 #
37
---> 38 import EMAN2
39 from EMAN2 import *
40

/Users/pawel/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/EMAN2.py in <module>()
49 import socket
50 import subprocess
---> 51 from EMAN2_cppwrap import *
52 from pyemtbx.imagetypes import *
53 from pyemtbx.box import *

/Users/pawel/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/EMAN2_cppwrap.py in <module>()
33 #
34
---> 35 from libpyAligner2 import *
36 from libpyAverager2 import *
37 from libpyBoxingTools2 import *

ImportError: dlopen(/Users/pawel/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libpyAligner2.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libboost_python.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/pawel/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libpyAligner2.so
Reason: image not found

____________________
Pawel A. Penczek, Ph.D.
Professor
Structural Biology Imaging Center, co-Director
The University of Texas
phone: 713-500-5416
fax: 713-500-0652
https://med.uth.edu/bmb/faculty/pawel-a-penczek/

Paul Penczek

Mar 1, 2019, 12:39:00 AM3/1/19
to eman2-de...@googlegroups.com, Steve Ludtke
conda install qt=5
/Users/pawel/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/constant_time.py:26: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Support for your Python version is deprecated. The next version of cryptography will remove support. Please upgrade to a 2.7.x release that supports hmac.compare_digest as soon as possible.
utils.DeprecatedIn23,

I also got this, but likely you know about it.

Pawel.

Steve Ludtke

Steve Ludtke