How do things look for the planned release tomorrow?

Steve Ludtke

Apr 22, 2019, 7:54:05 AM4/22/19
to eman2-de...@googlegroups.com
Anyone encounter any problems? I did a bunch of testing over the weekend, and things seem to be behaving on our end.

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <slu...@bcm.edu> Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (www.bcm.edu/biochem)
Academic Director, CryoEM Core (cryoem.bcm.edu)
Co-Director CIBR Center (www.bcm.edu/research/cibr)

Markus Stabrin

Apr 22, 2019, 2:20:40 PM4/22/19
to eman2-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello Steve,

We would like to do 2-3 tests tomorrow on real data sets to see if everything works.
Due to public Easter holidays the people were not around on Friday and today.

Therefore, we would like to accept the offer to shift 1 or 2 days.

We just found a problem with e2display.
If one wants to start e2display on a remote CentOS 6 or 7 cluster (Just tested CentOS here) like:
$ e2display.py images.hdf
A white blank window appears.
I investigated further and figured the following:
If one starts e2display.py without any arguments the GUI starts properly.
Once I click on the "Show Stack" or "Show 2D" button the images open as expected.
However, when I click the button again, the blank white image appears.

A workaround is to use the "Show Stack +" or "Show 2D +" buttons, as they always work and show the images as expected.
If once connects from a Linux machine, everything works as expected.
There is no problem on a local MAC installation.
There is no problem on a local Linux installation.

Best,
Markus