Control-M at the end of test output line

Chris TenHarmsel

Jun 28, 2012, 11:44:27 AM6/28/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm currently using Emacs 23.4 on OSX, using Rinari. When I run a test via 'rinari-test', the output buffer shows a "^M" at the end of every output line.  It also does not format Test::Unit failure messages correctly (they're supposed to be indented).

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

I've attached a screenshot of what the output looks like for reference.

Thanks,
Chris
Emacs_Test_Output.jpg

Aleksandar Simic

Jun 28, 2012, 11:49:23 AM6/28/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

not sure if it matters, but where the files created on OSX or on a
Windows? Or an IDE/editor that sets the line endings in a particular
way?

The reason I ask, is because '^M' is usually a line ending delimiter
on Windows/DOS.

Alex

Chris TenHarmsel

Jun 28, 2012, 12:14:03 PM6/28/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Valid question I suppose :) All of the files were created on Macs with Unix line endings, stored in github.  It's not the actual files themselves with the ^Ms on them, it's the console output in emacs though.