Is rinari in elpa?

Chris Perkins

Sep 28, 2011, 6:06:56 AM9/28/11
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
The instructions (http://rinari.rubyforge.org/Install.html#Install) say "Rinari and the Major Modes mentioned below are now available through ELPA". Is that correct? I don't see rinari listed when I do package-list-packages.

Thanks,

- Chris

Jacob Tjørnholm

Sep 28, 2011, 6:41:04 AM9/28/11
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
I see the rinari 2.1 package.

Using Carbon Emacs 23.2.1 but I'm not sure if that matters. Not using extra package archives (eg. Marmalade) at the moment.

/Jacob

Chris Perkins

Sep 28, 2011, 10:14:23 AM9/28/11
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Aha! Figured it out.

I'm on emacs 24, and the latter is the default archive.

Maybe someone could put rinari up on marmalade?  Anyway, I'll just run from a git checkout for now.

thanks,

- Chris

Ysiad Ferreiras

Sep 28, 2011, 10:24:21 AM9/28/11
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,
You're probably better off running from git anyways, as the rinari on elpa is out of date.

The rinari on elpa says it is "version 2.1" just like the rinari on github says it is version 2.1. However, the rinari on github has been updated quite a bit and just never changed the version number.

_________________
Ysiad Ferreiras

Steve Purcell

Sep 28, 2011, 1:16:19 PM9/28/11
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Chris Perkins <chrispe...@gmail.com> writes:
> Maybe someone could put rinari up on marmalade? Anyway, I'll just
> run from a git checkout for now.

I've put a few single-file packages up on marmalade recently, and I'm a
rinari maintainer, so I've actually been planning/hoping to do this
soon. (Currently a bit busy, so no promises, though!)

-Steve