problems with snippets..

sergio_101

Jun 26, 2012, 4:53:10 PM6/26/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
not sure where to start on this one.. i am running emacs rails reloaded from here:

when i edit an erb file, i can't type " <%=  some.stuff %> "

when i go to type anything after %, i get: "Symbol's function definition is void: snippet-insert"

and the '%' is erased..

anyone have any ideas?

oh! I have yasnippet installed, but not activated..

my emacs is:

GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2012-02-27 on bob.porkrind.org

thanks!

Dmitry Gutov

Jun 26, 2012, 5:36:43 PM6/26/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
sergio_101 <sergi...@village-buzz.com> writes:

Hi Sergio,

> https://github.com/dima-exe/emacs-rails-reloaded
>
> when i edit an erb file, i can't type " <%=  some.stuff %> "
>
> when i go to type anything after %, i get: "Symbol's function definition is
> void: snippet-insert"
>
> and the '%' is erased..
>
> anyone have any ideas?
>
> oh! I have yasnippet installed, but not activated..

dima-exe/emacs-rails-reloaded hasn't been updated in over 3
years, and AFAIK almost no one on this list is using it.

You may have more luck with this fork of the original emacs-rails,
it at least has seen some recent commits:
https://github.com/remvee/emacs-rails (I haven't tried it either).

Anyway, a quick Google search tells me that `snippet-insert' is a
function from snippet.el or smart-snippet.el, so you're missing one of
those.

-- Dmitry

sergio_101

Jun 27, 2012, 9:01:56 AM6/27/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com

dima-exe/emacs-rails-reloaded hasn't been updated in over 3
years, and AFAIK almost no one on this list is using it.

ah! this might be a separate post.. thanks so much!

You may have more luck with this fork of the original emacs-rails,
it at least has seen some recent commits:
https://github.com/remvee/emacs-rails (I haven't tried it either).

will try this one..

Anyway, a quick Google search tells me that `snippet-insert' is a
function from snippet.el or smart-snippet.el, so you're missing one of
those.

yes, i played with this a bit too..

thanks!