The error when run rinari-console in Windows, "apply: Spawning child process: invalid argument".

James Yuan

Oct 18, 2012, 10:28:50 AM10/18/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Run rinari-console in emacs 24, the run command should be

(run-ruby "d:/dev/scripts/Ruby/blog/script/rails console")

It returns:

apply: Spawning child process: invalid argument

How I can fix it or some workarounds?

Steve Purcell

Oct 18, 2012, 11:46:31 AM10/18/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, interesting. Perhaps it's a platform issue, or your ruby executable can't be found. Does "M-x inf-ruby" work correctly, i.e. launches an IRB session?

Please feel free to file a rinari issue for a more detailed discussion:

-Steve

James Yuan

Oct 18, 2012, 11:36:57 PM10/18/12
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I have posted an issue in github.

The inf-ruby works well in the same environment. My script 'd:/dev/scripts/Ruby/blog/script/rails' is:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby.exe
# This command will automatically be run when you run "rails" with Rails 3 gems installed from the root of your application.

APP_PATH = File.expand_path('../../config/application',  __FILE__)
require File.expand_path('../../config/boot',  __FILE__)
require 'rails/commands'