My first live pack... not working :\

39 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

Charlie Griefer

non lue,
11 mai 2015, 18 h 30 min 54 s2015-05-11
à emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hey all...

Just started back on Emacs after about a year away. My boss evaluated a few options and we went with Emacs Live.

I've used Emacs for a bit, but still not great at the under-the-hood part. Wanted to get my favorite theme involved (Tomorrow Night), so set about to make a live pack.

I think i've actually set that part up properly, but there's still an issue.

When I fire up Emacs Live, I get "Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/Users/Charlie/.emacs.d/init.el':

error: Unable to find theme file for `tomorrow-night'

I've looked at a few other live packs that add themes, and what I've noticed is that they all seem to do it somewhat differently :\ Being a relative n00b to Emacs configurations, I was hoping somebody might be able to take a quick look, and hopefully the issue is blatantly obvious to them.

If anyone can take a quick look and possibly offer up some suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Charlie

Charlie Griefer

non lue,
13 mai 2015, 03 h 27 min 09 s2015-05-13
à emacs...@googlegroups.com
… and, it’s working.

Seems that it was a combination of:

1. Me not properly naming the theme folder (renamed from “tomorrow-theme” to “tomorrow-theme-emacs”)
2. Me not properly bathing the (add-to-list ‘custom-theme-load-path … ). Apparently that’s important.
3. Had to comment out the colour-pack from ~/.emacs.d/init.el

My only question is… am I doing anything potentially “wrong” by editing the init.el file? Is there a way to update a different file, like ~/.emacs-live.el to effectively disable the built-in colour pack?

I’m sure that if I update Emacs live and stomp that change I’ll be able to fix it. But in the interest of potentially doing it “right”, I’m curious if there is a “right” way.

Thanks!
Charlie
--

“Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself. — Desiderius Erasmus

Charlie Griefer

non lue,
13 mai 2015, 03 h 33 min 48 s2015-05-13
à emacs...@googlegroups.com
Yes, never mind. My question is answered in the github repo readme:

However, you may create a ~/.emacs-live.el file to override this behaviour. Simply set the var live-packs to a list of symbols representing the packs you'd like to load up (the order will be honoured). For example to only load the foundation and colour packs:

(live-use-packs '(stable/foundation-pack stable/colour-pack))

So I will update my ~/.emacs-live.el to call (live-use-packs) on all but the colour-pack, and revert ~/.emacs.d/init.el.
I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life, I love my wife, and I wish you my kind of success.

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message