1.0beta27

Dr. Sam Aaron

Jul 14, 2015, 8:49:13 AM7/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I just pushed out a new release of Emacs Live - 1.0beta27

Have fun!

Sam

Scott Thoman

Jul 14, 2015, 8:56:13 AM7/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Sam,

Are there any updates required to .lein/profiles.clj (like cider-nrepl
perhaps)? I admit I haven't followed along with all the discussions
leading up to this release.

Many thanks for bringing us emacs-live!

/stt
> --

"Very well, then, Mr. Knox, sir.
Let's have a little talk about tweetle beetles...."
- Dr. S.

key: 4096R/0x2ED7F66667450603
fingerprint: F720 335B 622A 3A93 F292 43BF 2ED7 F666 6745 0603

Sam Aaron

Jul 14, 2015, 9:01:34 AM7/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Oh, yep, sorry, I should have mentioned:

For clojure dev you’ll need to pull in the following to your ~/.lein/profiles.clj

:plugins [[cider/cider-nrepl "0.9.1"]
[refactor-nrepl "1.1.0"]]
:dependencies [[org.clojure/tools.nrepl "0.2.7”]]

Sam

Scott Thoman

Jul 14, 2015, 9:03:39 AM7/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, thanks!

Scott Thoman

Jul 14, 2015, 11:07:41 AM7/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
After moving up to emacs 24.5 (from 24.3) and bumping my git version, all looks good so far!  Thanks again!

Mike Rodriguez

Jul 16, 2015, 10:41:11 AM7/16/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
I believe this new version of emacs-live does indeed require some higher version of emacs than 24.3.  If this is the case, it looks like the README on GitHub is out of date?

Also, I'm still crashing when I try to start emacs-live based on the current master.
I (now) have Emacs version:

 GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21) of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org

When I open Emacs with this emacs-live I get a error during initialization:

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `/Users/<my-user>/.emacs.d/init.el':

error: Required feature `message' was not provided

I'm not sure what could be going on here?

Thanks!

Sam Aaron

Jul 16, 2015, 12:48:40 PM7/16/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Super weird - I’m using 24.4.1 and don’t see that error.

It’s possible some of the deps now require a more recent Emacs, although yours is more recent than mine…

Sam

Mike Rodriguez

Jul 16, 2015, 10:31:45 PM7/16/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
I even tried version 24.4, 24.5 and 24.5.1. All plain installs of "emacs for Mac" as suggested on the emacs-live docs.
I'm not sure what the problem is. With

With 24.3 I get an issue with finding a symbol, which was a different error. Hmmm. I'm a little stumped currently.

Sean Corfield

Jul 16, 2015, 10:36:35 PM7/16/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
I’m on Emacs for Mac OS X 24.5.1 and I was using the dev packs for testing so:

* I edited my .emacs-live.el back to the stable packs
* I went into .emacs.d and did:
- git pull
- git submodule init
- git submodule update
* Started Emacs again… happy!

Note: I don’t recall needing to do the submodule thing on the stable packs when I first installed Emacs Live, but I definitely had to do it for this new version.

Sean

Sam Aaron

Jul 17, 2015, 2:43:08 AM7/17/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Oh, super weird - you should *not* have to touch submodules if you’re using the stable (default) packs.

Sam

Timothy Washington

Jul 18, 2015, 1:28:35 PM7/18/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Yep, this happens to me too. My installation is GNU Emacs 24.3.1.

I had to go with a previous build `git checkout release/1.0-BETA26`.

Tim