Labeled Spider Diagram

Arleen Jerdee

Jul 24, 2024, 6:30:04 PM (24 hours ago) Jul 24
to emacs-helm

I have been asked to draw a spider diagram of these values. Having looked at fmsb and ggradar I have for a number of reasons decided to start from scratch instead. So, I have the following code (not currently sure if all the libraries are necessary):

labeled spider diagram

Download > https://byltly.com/2zLnuz

As you can see the labels are not fully onto the plot surface. Looking at the examples around on the internet (e.g. the main text I've taken my code from) this appears not to be addressed anywhere. There is an interesting solution to this here, and I am considering using it, but my eventual labels are likely to be long and descriptive. I would like them to be shown horizontally as they are now with line breaks as appropriate, but so that they fit on the chart.

A spider diagram organizes and displays data in a logical, visual way. Spider diagram features include the main concept positioned in the middle of the diagram, with lines extending radially to link related ideas and sub-topics. More ideas branch out from there, and you end up with a diagram resembling a spider.

Spider diagrams help you to make connections between ideas, explore possible solutions, and visualize concepts that may otherwise be difficult to understand. They allow you to see the bigger picture of a topic or problem and the more specific details.

Professionals across various industries and functions use a spider diagram for brainstorming, problem-solving, note-taking, and more. They are a valuable visual tool for personal and business projects.

Spider diagrams are an excellent tool for brainstorming. They provide a structure and framework for your "brain dump," so you can have a free-flowing stream of ideas while maintaining some organization. For example, writers can use spider diagrams as a brainstorming tool for thinking of writing topics, outlining articles or chapters, and exploring credible arguments for an idea.

When you have a problem to solve, make a spider diagram with your main problem or question in the middle. Draw lines that branch off the main idea, and write down possible solutions. Further levels on your diagram can explore more possible solutions and outcomes. For example, business owners and product developers can use spider diagrams when they're researching new ideas, troubleshooting product functionality, and assessing market viability.

Spider diagrams provide a structure and hierarchy for note-taking for meetings. Organizing your notes in a visual layout makes the information more digestible, memorable, and easier to review and share later. For example, many managers find spider diagrams helpful in organizing their notes when creating presentations. Another spider diagram example includes when an educator uses them to plan lessons and curriculum.

Because spider diagrams are visual by nature, they're a great format for presenting information. Rather than showing your audience a block of text, create a visual, dynamic spider diagram to display your findings. For example, project managers can use spider diagrams to present project plans, proposals, and strategic data.

Because all ideas in a spider diagram are connected with lines, spider diagrams force you to make connections between ideas. That is helpful when brainstorming and problem-solving because you can discover new ideas through connections that weren't immediately apparent.

Although they are nonlinear, spider diagrams still provide structure and allow you to organize your notes visually. For example, you can group ideas by topic and add color-coding or symbols for further organization. Spider diagrams are flexible and customizable, so you can do whatever works for you.

A spider diagram can help you look at a problem from a new perspective, and the format encourages you to explore various solutions. The act of linking sub-topics and new ideas to your main topic naturally inspires fresh ways of thinking and creative solutions.

The human brain is a nonlinear system. That means we process information much like a spider diagram, with thoughts branching off in every direction. Because spider diagrams match the way our brains process ideas, they're intuitive to make and feel natural to use as a brainstorming tool.

You can make a spider diagram by hand, in any graphic design program, or use a program specifically designed for spider diagram making. MindManager, an industry-leading spider diagram software, allows you to create complex, detailed spider diagrams with ease.

MindManager helps you synthesize ideas and information by providing a simple, intuitive framework for organizing your thoughts. With MindManager, you and your team can clarify complexity and collaborate in new and unexpected ways.

A spider diagram is a brainstorming tool, and a radar chart is a way to display quantitative data. Remember that a spider diagram looks like an actual spider, with the main topic as the "body" and subtopics branching out as "legs." Radar charts resemble a spider web.

Spider diagrams help you organize and display ideas in a visual, structured manner. Their nonlinear layout and flow mimic how our brains process ideas, making them a popular brainstorming tool for individuals across various roles and business functions.

I'm rather new to PostGIS but I have done a lot of reading. One thing that I have been searching for is a function that allows users to create a "spider diagram" (also called "desire lines" or "hub lines") in PostGIS.

As an example, draw lines from a grocery store (point) to all geocoded customer addresses (point) of that grocery store. Of course, though, imagine that there were hundreds of stores and thousands of customers. I would imagine that each store would have a unique ID that each customer point would have embedded within a field so that the software knows the origin-destination connection.

The gis-part can as mentioned before best be solved with ST_MakeLine, if it is two points that you want to connect with your line. If it would have been lines or polygons you could use ST_Shortestline instead to get a line from the geometries between their closest points. That will work with both points, lines and polygons.

But in the real world you will probably get in the situation that most customers are using many stores. In earlier examples we have had the relation one store to many customers, now we have a many to many situation. Many customers using many stores.

Then there is a bad solution that you sometimes see. People add one new customer row for each store he uses. That will cause many problems if you for instance want to change his address you have to do it in many places. The more correct database of doing it is to make a "link table". I don't know if that is the right word in english but anyway. That is a table that holds all specific data for the customers relation to each store he uses. So then you have three tables. One with stores and all attributes belonging to the store like when it is open and the phone number to get in contact. Then you have the customer table maybe with address and phone number to the customer. Then you have this "link table" that should include an id for the store, the id for the customer and maybe extra information like frequency of visiting that particular store, or the distance to the store, or this line you are creating (but distance and line is better to create on the fly when you need it). Then with this new table your query would look something like:

A spider diagram is opened on the combination of an element and a hierarchy definition. The element defines the starting point for the diagram. The hierarchy definition specifies the relations (and optionally target classes) to traverse when building the spider diagram. The diagram will open to number of levels specified with each element encountered displayed on the diagram once and only once. The relationships between the elements are then shown as connecting lines.

The spider diagram is a free-form diagram. The diagram supports many different vertical and horizontal layouts selectable from the diagram options or the layout command. Switch between layouts to select your preferred starting point and then customize node positions as desired. Individual nodes can be moved anywhere on the diagram. In addition, individual relation line labels can be moved. When the label separates too far from the relation line, a "lightning bolt" will draw to automatically connect the label its corresponding line.

I'm trying to use airtable to organize some wire and cable take-off quantities and routing for a large scale construction project. The main entities (tables) are wire/cable, conduit, and pull/junction boxes. The boxes are like the nodes, the conduit link nodes together, and the wire runs through the conduit and boxes from an origin box to a terminal box. There may be many levels of branching. Possible that there is some spider-webbing as opposed to just straight branching but not positive yet (rare if so).

I have the table setup so that there is a record of conduits, with an "origin" and "destination field each linking to the table of pullboxes. This link defines the end points, or nodes, of the conduit IE Conduit #1 goes from Pullbox A to Pullbox B. Conduit #2 goes from Pullbox A to Pullbox C, Conduit #3 goes from Pullbox B to Pullbox D, Conduit #4 goes from Pullbox D to Pullbox E, etc etc. Always going to be one pullbox on either end of a conduit (1-1 conduit beginning/end points to a pullbox)

The pullbox table would have a list of all pullboxes (nodes) and could be and each box would be flagged if it was in fact an origin box (wires start there IE a power drop point) or a terminal box (the piece of equipment the wires go to at the end of a run).

The wire table would have a list of all the different wires on the project, and then be linked to the conduits they run through. This should be relationship then also already define which pullboxes they pass through, as the pullboxes are defined as each end of the conduit the wires were assigned to. Wires will start at one or more origin boxes and then group up going into conduits (many wires per conduit) but might branch at pullboxes). For the example above, Wires #1-5 might go from PB A to PB B through Conduit #1 and Wires #6-10 would go from PB A to PB C through Conduit #2. When Wires #1-5 get to PB B, Wires #1-3 could go to PB D through conduit #3 while wires #4-5 go somewhere else.

4a15465005