invalid read syntax: "#"

Alfredo Buttari

Jul 9, 2007, 3:29:59 PM7/9/07
to emacs-g-client
Hi all,
I am running the emacs emacs-unicode-2 branch and I'm trying to use g-
client. I follow the steps reported here
http://emacspeak.blogspot.com/2007/03/emacs-client-for-google-services.html
(this includes creating the g-cus-load file). Anyway after the g-
client package is loaded I can't do anything since whatever I try to
do I get the message in the subject.

Can you help me with this?

thanks

Alfredo

ramanraman

Jul 11, 2007, 10:07:46 AM7/11/07
to emacs-g-client

It's hard for me to debug this because I dont run the unicode
branch.

When you say "when you do anything"
do you mean "everything in emacs" gives that error, or is it just
g-client related operations?

Either way, to debug this further, it would be useful to see a
debugger backtrace
--do M-x toggle-debug-on-error
and then call an operation that raises the error.

Alfredo Buttari

Jul 11, 2007, 4:08:26 PM7/11/07
to emacs-g-client

On Jul 11, 10:07 am, ramanraman <tv.raman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's hard for me to debug this because I dont run the unicode
> branch.
>
> When you say "when you do anything"
> do you mean "everything in emacs" gives that error, or is it just
> g-client related operations?
>
> Either way, to debug this further, it would be useful to see a
> debugger backtrace
> --do M-x toggle-debug-on-error
> and then call an operation that raises the error.

Hi,
well I was wrong. I only get the error when I do M-x calendar
Doing M-x toggle-debug-on-error doesn't provide any other error
message besides what I already got.
Thanks

Alfredo