Error Message: Cannot open load file

147 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

oenophile

lukematon,
24.10.2007 klo 8.52.0824.10.2007
vastaanottaja emacs-g-client
Just discovered g-client the other day. I am trying to get it running
under GNU emacs 21.4 on Linux. I do not have the entire emacspeak
distribution installed.

At first, it complained about the cus-load library, so I copied
emacspeak-cus-load.el from the emacspeak distribution to my g-client
directory.

Now, it seems to be working, at least initially, but is still missing
something. When I try M-X greader-reading-list and enter my password,
I get the following message:
browse-url-w3: Cannot open load file: w3

I tried copying the emacspeak-w3m library to my g-client directory,
but that did not fix it. And loading those libraries results in
errors of other missing dependencies.

Are there any instructions on how to get g-client working without
emacspeak?

thank you

oenophile

lukematon,
30.10.2007 klo 19.45.0730.10.2007
vastaanottaja emacs-g-client
Well, I solved my problem below by adding the following to my .emacs
file

(require 'w3m-
load)
(setq g-html-handler 'w3m)

Now, when I fire up greader with a
M-x greader-reading-list

emacs proceeds to split the buffer into two windows. On the top, it
starts a w3m session, and on the bottom, it creates a "*g scratch*"
buffer with the downloaded content from the google reader service. It
seems like it just needs to put the following into the w3m buffer, but
for some reason, it fails to load the page in the browser applet. It
does the same thing for M-x gcal-show-calendar.

After entering my password, here is the output from emacs:
w3m...
(source)...done
w3m...done
tabmenu...done
form...done

and here is sample output from the *g scratch* buffer:

www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml\
ns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:gr="http://
www.google.com/schemas/reader/\
atom/">
<head>
charset=iso8859-15">
<title>Reading list in Google Reader</title>

thanks for any help,

Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä