Shell Command Failed with Code 77 and no output

geekint...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2007, 5:02:40 AM10/17/07
to emacs-g-client, i...@manor-farm.org
Hi,

I am trying to get g-client to work on Ububtu Gutsy, which has emacs22-
gtk. I have checked out the latest version of g-client from svn and
installed in my home directory. When I try to get a listing of Google
calendar entries for a date I get the following error:

Shell Command Failed with Code 77 and no output

If I set output to go to Firefox rather than w3m I see:

-:1: parser error : Document is empty ^ -:1: parser error : Start tag
expected, '<' not found ^ unable to parse -

In my .emacs I have:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacs/g-client")
(load-library "g")
(setq g-user-email "geekint...@gmail.com")

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Ian.

ramanraman

Oct 18, 2007, 4:35:37 AM10/18/07
to emacs-g-client

Suspect you dont have curl installed.

geekint...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2007, 2:41:21 AM10/19/07
to emacs-g-client
It's installed and on my path. I have tried setting it explicitly to /
usr/bin/curl in g-utils.el.

Ian.

On Oct 18, 9:35 am, ramanraman <tv.raman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suspect you dont have curl installed.geekinthesti...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am trying to get g-client to work on Ububtu Gutsy, which has emacs22-
> > gtk. I have checked out the latest version of g-client from svn and
> > installed in my home directory. When I try to get a listing of Google
> > calendar entries for a date I get the following error:
>
> > Shell Command Failed with Code 77 and no output
>
> > If I set output to go to Firefox rather than w3m I see:
>
> > -:1: parser error : Document is empty ^ -:1: parser error : Start tag
> > expected, '<' not found ^ unable to parse -
>
> > In my .emacs I have:
>
> > (add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacs/g-client")
> > (load-library "g")

> > (setq g-user-email "geekinthesti...@gmail.com")

Ceesaxp

Nov 22, 2007, 3:43:55 PM11/22/07
to emacs-g-client
On Oct 19, 9:41 am, "geekinthesti...@gmail.com"
<geekinthesti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> When I try to get a listing of Google
>>> calendar entries for a date I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Shell Command Failed with Code 77 and no output

I am having the same issue, even if error codes from the shell are
different. I am trying to see whether the issue might be in:

(a) Me having csh as default shell (seems unlikely)
(b) The fact that I am accessing the net from behind a filtering proxy
(might be, as I seem to be redirected to my real request's
destination).

I am getting, in general, an "empty doc" from Blogger. Trying to
repeat all the curl calls manually, to see whether I can replicate/
find the issue.

A.

Steve

Dec 8, 2007, 10:08:47 PM12/8/07
to emacs-g-client
This does seem to be a shell issue... I was having the same problem
("parser error: Document is empty") and it went away when I switched
to running emacs with "env SHELL=/bin/bash emacs".

Steve

geekint...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2007, 5:17:34 AM12/11/07
to emacs-g-client
Doesn't seem to work here. I have tried /bin/bash and the default
Ubuntu /bin/sh.

Ian.