recursive load on gcal mode

GSaldana

May 24, 2007, 2:14:57 AM5/24/07
to emacs-g-client
Hi, I've been trying to use the g-client mode these days to check it
out and basically to have one more reason not to leave emacs for my
daily activities (most importantly google calendar). But I havent been
able to use the calendar mode because it gives me a "recursive load"
error:

byte-code: Recursive load: "/usr/share/emacs/23.0.0/lisp/calendar/
calendar.elc", "/home/gabriel/.emacs.d/g-client/gcal.elc", "/usr/share/
emacs/23.0.0/lisp/calendar/calendar.elc", "/home/gabriel/.emacs.d/g-
client/gcal.elc", "/usr/share/emacs/23.0.0/lisp/calendar/
calendar.elc", "/home/gabriel/.emacs.d/g-client/gcal.elc", "/usr/share/
emacs/23.0.0/lisp/calendar/calendar.elc", "/home/gabriel/.emacs.d/g-
client/gcal.elc", "/usr/share/emacs/23.0.0/lisp/calendar/calendar.elc

how can i fix this?

Also when i try to load my rss feeds i get this:

w3m-expand-url: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, #<buffer *g
scratch*>

im using the latest w3m from cvs, since its the one that has the w3m-
buffer command available.

I noticed that you've added a gphoto files, for picasa web gallery I
guess. Can you provide some documentation on how to use these?

Also, how can I contribute to the project...besides whining about
these issues? I'm fairly new to emacs and even more to elisp but I'm
loving it every day more I learn something new.

T.V. Raman

May 24, 2007, 9:38:11 AM5/24/07
to emacs-g...@googlegroups.com
Will look into this, suspect gcal needs to conditionally load
calendar. I notice you're using emacs 23? I've been running under
emacs 22 CVS.

GSaldana

May 24, 2007, 9:09:56 PM5/24/07
to emacs-g-client
Yes, to be more specific, I'm using the emacs-snapshot-gtk package for
Ubuntu. The about page outputs this:

This is GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.6)
of 2007-05-22 on helios

On May 24, 8:38 am, "T.V. Raman" <tv.raman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will look into this, suspect gcal needs to conditionally load
> calendar. I notice you're using emacs 23? I've been running under
> emacs 22 CVS.

ramanraman

May 31, 2007, 7:44:04 PM5/31/07
to emacs-g-client

I checked in an update last week that should have hopefully fixed
this;
gcal.el now does a conditional require of calendar.el by wrapping
the require within an eval-when-compile form.
This should hopefully avoid the recursive load problem.

I suspect I didn't hit the issue myself because my .emacs loads
calendar very early, and so by the time it got to g-client,
calendar was present, and therefore, the (require 'calendar)
within gcal succeeded without problems. Loading gcal without
having loaded calendar first was what I suspect caused this
recursive load problem, and hopefully that is now fixed.
--Raman

GSaldana

Jun 2, 2007, 7:53:40 PM6/2/07
to emacs-g-client