Compiling single Java classes

remy....@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 3:12:56 PM10/30/13
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm new to Emacs and am trying to use emacs-eclim for my Java class assignments. Right now, I don't use anything like ant or maven to build projects, and I'm wondering if there's an emacs-eclim command to compile/run single Java classes. I've looked around and couldn't find any documentation or anything in the code, so I'm assuming this isn't the method most people take (compiling single classes at a time and running them).

Tom Davis

Oct 31, 2013, 3:20:38 PM10/31/13
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
eclim-run-class in eclim-java

remy....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2013, 5:38:20 PM10/31/13
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom, when compiling University.java like this, eclim throws this error in the compilation buffer:

eclim -command java -p  -c University
Missing argument for option: p

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Thu Oct 31 16:34:38

Tom Davis

Oct 31, 2013, 6:00:33 PM10/31/13
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Is the University project in your workspace (via import in Eclipse)? Have you touched the file in emacs since opening it (saving the file starts the eclim binding process)? These are the most common reasons for a missing project argument.

remy....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2013, 8:09:39 PM10/31/13
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom, the project was in my Eclipse workspace so I touched/edited+saved it in Emacs some and eclim compiled it fine. Thanks for all your help :-)

Tom Davis

Nov 2, 2013, 4:46:48 PM11/2/13
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Excellent! We should fix that requirement. It's a common issue.