Error in post-command-hook (global-eclim-mode-check-buffers): (void-function member-if)

Heng Su

May 19, 2015, 4:42:02 PM5/19/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

 It just doesn't work as I just want to try emacs-eclim after install via package-install
My init.el for Emacs 24.3.1.

(when (>= emacs-major-version 24)
  (require 'package)
  (add-to-list
   'package-archives
   '("melpa" . "http://melpa.org/packages/")
   t)
  (package-initialize))

(require 'eclim)
(global-eclim-mode)

the configuration initial progress seems fine, however, when I try to open any file.
just throw error to me : Error in post-command-hook (global-eclim-mode-check-buffers): (void-function member-if)

Any hint?

Loyall, David

May 19, 2015, 4:49:50 PM5/19/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
> Error in post-command-hook (global-eclim-mode-check-buffers): (void-function member-if)

Try finding where it tries to call member-if and change it to cl-member-if.

Cheers,
--Dave

Heng Su

May 22, 2015, 9:11:27 AM5/22/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

   Thank you, I searched my .emacs.d/ela. I found one place
elpa/emacs-eclim-20150502.516/eclim.el:  (if (member-if and I replaced with cl-member-if. However, still not working.

   I am quite new , do you mean replace member-if in all plugins but not emacs itself right?

Heng Su

May 22, 2015, 9:43:45 AM5/22/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

   I found the issue, actually I need recompile the emacs-eclim. Thank you so much!

Loyall, David

May 22, 2015, 12:16:38 PM5/22/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Heng,

Great! I'm just an emacs amature. :)

At some time during the history of emacs, a bunch of elisp functions were renamed from `old-name` to `cl-old-name`.

The 'cl-' stands for common lisp. These functions were elisp implementations of common lisp functions. Now (emacs24?), they've all been grouped together under this cl- prefix.

Cheers,
--Dave