Library paths

Urs Liska

Aug 22, 2011, 8:22:18 AM8/22/11
to elysiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

after jumping into it, installing and for the first time opening I
instantly came across a problem (besides all the promising features of
course):
Is it possible to use user defined search paths for validating and
navigating source code?

I use a general purpose library with include files.
Since the last release it is possible to add an --include option as
optional command line parameter. So now my files are compiled, which is
wonderful.
But variables declared in such external files are not recognized by
Elysium/Eclipse, therefore I
- get error warnings
these are only a little bit annoying - but I fear one could too
easily stumble into automatically (i.e. IDE assistedly) creating a new
empty variable
- can't use the superior editing features like "open declaration" or any
refactoring methods.

What I tried already in vain was
- importing the lib into the workspace.
This is obviously nonsense as it materially copies the files into my project
- Use the project option to reference another project.

Is there a way to achieve this through Eclipse mechanisms?
Or would it be good to file an enhancement request on the tracker?

Best
Urs

Harmath Dénes

Aug 22, 2011, 8:52:08 AM8/22/11
to elysiu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you're right, and this was already requested by others, so please file an enhancement request here, I'll look into it: http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/elysium/issues/entry?template=Enhancement%20request