Elysium errors

Curt Siffert

Aug 25, 2012, 8:39:34 PM8/25/12
to elysiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm having some weird errors and am not sure it's a problem with my setup or if I should report as bugs. Unfortunately, these are sporadic errors.

I get many "Errors" in my Problems tab. They do not keep the file from compiling/rendering. In the file, it's red underlines, with a small red x and lightbulb on the left (not the larger x). The errors are things like:
Unknown variable: acciaccatura
Unknown variable: arpeggio
Unknown variable: bar (for things like \bar "|.")
Unknown variable: break (for things like \break)
Unknown variable: clef
Unknown variable: f (for \f dynamic)

These are just lilypond commands (not variables), which render successfully, and my Lilypond.app doesn't complain. I was on 2.15.95 for a while and noticed that these errors would sometimes disappear, seemingly unrelated to my usage, and then would come back. I just upgraded to 2.16 and now they are back in force.

Also new since upgrading to 2.16, I get these warnings (yellow exclamation point):
Duplicate variable 'Staff'

when using
\change Staff="up"

These warnings did not happen before.

Finally, also since upgrading to 2.16, my file tabs get messed up. This is often but not all the time. If I edit a file that is included in a parent file, then when I click save, the tab for the parent file goes blank. The filename disappears from the tab, and it appears it is not there at all until I mouse over the tab area - then the "x" becomes visible and I realize it is a blank tab with nothing but an "x". If I click on the file in the library, it doesn't load. If I click the "x" to dismiss the invisible tab, the tab goes away, and then I am able to reload the file.

Also, often but not all the time, if I double click on a new file in the library, the tab appears (with filename), but blank. If I double-click on the tab to make it full-screen, the contents show up, and then I can double-click again to make the tab shrink again, at which point things are normal.

This is Eclipse Juno on a Mac and everything is up to doubt. OS X 10.7.4

Dénes Harmath

Aug 26, 2012, 8:28:05 AM8/26/12
to elysiu...@googlegroups.com
2012.08.26. dátummal, 2:39 időpontban Curt Siffert <sif...@museworld.com> írta:

[...]

The latest 0.3.1 release fixes this! I'd be glad if you further tested it.

Also new since upgrading to 2.16, I get these warnings (yellow exclamation point):
Duplicate variable 'Staff'

when using
\change Staff="up"

These warnings did not happen before.

Please file a bug.

[...]

I also encountered this with Juno and OS X and seems like a heap issue. In eclipse.ini, change the line beginning with -Xmx to -Xmx1g.

Curt Siffert

Aug 26, 2012, 1:17:27 PM8/26/12
to elysiu...@googlegroups.com

Hooray!  I have a completely clean Problems tab now, and no red marks in any of my scores.  Thank you so much!

The \change Staff warnings have disappeared as well.

Finally, I did notice that the "empty tab" behavior did stop when I unchecked the Preferences->Syntax Updater checkboxes.  If it happens again next time I upgrade, I'll make sure I've allocated enough memory.

Thanks again for developing this.  The pdf preview makes lilypond useful to me when before it was always just a curiosity.  And besides all the other features, it is so nice to have git integration!