hi everyone, i need help!!

robert malay

Jan 4, 2012, 4:32:20 PM1/4/12
to elvish
can anyone help to transcribe "always protect me and my family from
evil and harm" in Quenya font? i badly need it for my tattoo on my
birthday,,
thanks,

Kris Kowal

Jan 4, 2012, 4:42:58 PM1/4/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM, robert malay <robb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can anyone help to transcribe "always protect me and my family from
> evil and harm" in Quenya font? i badly need it for my tattoo on my

I think we’ll need some clarifications.

Quenya, Sindarin, and English are languages. Latin and Tengwar are
alphabets. Tengwar Anatar and Times New Roman are fonts, respectively
capable of representing the Tengwar and Latin alphabets. Transcription
is the process of changing letters in one alphabet to another, and
there are two major ways to do that: phonetic and orthographic.
Phonetic means by sound, orthographic by corresponding letters. There
are several "modes" of Tolkien’s invention that are suitable for
changing letters from particular languages into the Tengwar, most
notably "General Use" (which is suitable for transcribing Sindarin and
English into Tengwar) and Classical Mode (which is suitable only for
Quenya).

You can read all about this at Måns Björkman’s site, Amanye Tenceli. I
owe Måns a debt of gratitude for helping me with http://3rin.gs.

http://at.mansbjorkman.net/

1.) Do you want that English phrase translated into the Quenya
language and then transcribed into the Tengwar alphabet using the
Classical Quenya mode in a particular font?

2.) Alternately, would you like us to leave it in English but
transcribe it into Tengwar using General Use mode in a particular
font?

There are other options, but those are the most straightforward to serve.

Kris Kowal

robert malay

Jan 6, 2012, 11:39:38 AM1/6/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com
THANKS FOR THE REPLY

I would prefer to translate "always protect me and my family from evil and harm" this phrase into Quenya Language and Transcribe it into tengwar alphabet, when it comes to the font, i would prefer to have it italized and bold. thanks for the help....

Kris Kowal

Jan 6, 2012, 12:24:11 PM1/6/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com
I can do the transcription. Someone else will need to volunteer for
the translation. Any takers?