tengwar cursive translation

total...@hotmail.com

Feb 28, 2012, 8:54:41 AM2/28/12
to elvish
hey guys i was wondering if you could help me. i want a tattoo of
tengwar cursive in italics with the translation of
"your home is here within my heart"

many thanks!!

Kris Kowal

Mar 5, 2012, 8:47:19 PM3/5/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com

As always, my help in transcription is available, but someone else
will need to volunteer to translate either to Quenya or Sindarin.

My online transcriber is not really adequate to do an honest rendition
directly from English, but I could do that too, if that would be
sufficient.

Kris Kowal

Kris Kowal

Mar 5, 2012, 8:56:30 PM3/5/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Kris Kowal <kris....@cixar.com> wrote:
> My online transcriber is not really adequate to do an honest rendition
> directly from English, but I could do that too, if that would be
> sufficient.

Måns’s mode for English seems to work pretty well.

http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php?l=en

Attached.

“már” is “home” in Quenya and “bar” in Sindarin. “hón” is “heart” in
Quenya. There does not appear to be an attested form of literal
“heart” in Sindarin, but one might be able to construct a conjecture
from Ñoldorin “hûn”. “gûr” is Sindarin for heart in the “moral”
sense, presumably meaning conscience.

http://elfdict.com/

Perhaps these hints will give someone else a head-start.

Kris Kowal

your-home-is-here.png