Name translation to Tengwar cursive and quenya

sandeevur

Nov 21, 2011, 12:45:05 AM11/21/11
to elvish
Hi,

Can anyone in this group help me transcribe my name and my kids name
in Tengwar font?

My name - sandra
my kids - kaishi and calen

Would appreciate it!

Kanes Alqua

Nov 27, 2011, 5:50:38 PM11/27/11
to elvish
Yes! I would love to help (: How would you like me to give you the
fonts? i could email you the picture?

Kris Kowal

Dec 21, 2011, 1:22:32 AM12/21/11
to elv...@googlegroups.com
Attached are Tengwar in General Use Mode for the three names. I used
my new toy, http://3rin.gs/tengwar

Make sure to double-check with someone before doing anything permanent!

http://3rin.gs/tengwar/#sandra
http://3rin.gs/tengwar/#calen
http://3rin.gs/tengwar/#kaishi

Kris

calen.png
kaishi.png
sandra.png

sandeevur

Dec 26, 2011, 4:08:05 AM12/26/11
to elvish
aw... got it... :)

Apprecite it big time! :)

On Dec 21, 2:22 pm, Kris Kowal <kris.ko...@cixar.com> wrote:
> Attached are Tengwar in General Use Mode for the three names. I used
> my new toy,http://3rin.gs/tengwar
>
> Make sure to double-check with someone before doing anything permanent!
>
> http://3rin.gs/tengwar/#sandrahttp://3rin.gs/tengwar/#calenhttp://3rin.gs/tengwar/#kaishi
>
> Kris
>
>  calen.png
> 44KViewDownload
>
>  kaishi.png
> 43KViewDownload
>
>  sandra.png
> 47KViewDownload

sandeevur

Dec 30, 2011, 9:54:14 AM12/30/11
to elvish
Hi! My friends were very much impressed with the translation :) can i
ask another favor for translating these names too:
- janice
- bambam
- guian
- sheryll

I was trying to figure it out via the website given by Kris, but i
can't seem to work it out :(

@ kris kowal: if you can give me instructions on how to go around the
site so i won't be much of a hassle again ;)

Thanks!

On Dec 21, 2:22 pm, Kris Kowal <kris.ko...@cixar.com> wrote:
> Attached are Tengwar in General Use Mode for the three names. I used
> my new toy,http://3rin.gs/tengwar
>
> Make sure to double-check with someone before doing anything permanent!

Kris Kowal

Dec 30, 2011, 11:35:19 AM12/30/11
to elv...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:54 AM, sandeevur <sandya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! My friends were very much impressed with the translation :) can i
> ask another favor for translating these names too:
> - janice
> - bambam
> - guian
> - sheryll

I’ve again attached these. I took the liberty of separating the m
from the b in the middle of bambam, which is dubious. Normally mb is
combined into a single b with a swung dash above.

For Sheryll, there should be a double dot below the r (which looks
like a y), but there is no way to make that look good with the font
I’m using, so use your imagination or feel comfortable leaving it out
if it isn’t pronounced the way she says it.

As always, request a second opinion before committing to a permanent impression.

> I was trying to figure it out via the website given by Kris, but i
> can't seem to work it out :(
> @ kris kowal: if you can give me instructions on how to go around the
> site so i won't be much of a hassle again ;)

Try installing Google Chrome (or another browser with a lot of HTML5
features) https://www.google.com/chrome

Kris Kowal

bambam.png
janice.png
guian.png
sheryll.png

sandeevur

Jan 2, 2012, 6:16:24 PM1/2/12
to elvish
one last name... mercenario.

You've been a great help...

On Dec 31 2011, 12:35 am, Kris Kowal <kris.ko...@cixar.com> wrote:
>  bambam.png
> 63KViewDownload
>
>  janice.png
> 50KViewDownload
>
>  guian.png
> 54KViewDownload
>
>  sheryll.png
> 50KViewDownload

Kris Kowal

Jan 2, 2012, 6:53:22 PM1/2/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM, sandeevur <sandya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> one last name... mercenario.

I presumed that the "c" is pronounced as an "s". Attached.

Kris Kowal

mercenario.png

sandeevur

Jan 4, 2012, 2:07:27 AM1/4/12
to elvish
Perfect! Appreciate the assistance Kris! You've been great! :)

On Jan 2, 6:53 pm, Kris Kowal <kris.ko...@cixar.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM, sandeevur <sandyabeg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > one last name... mercenario.
>
> I presumed that the "c" is pronounced as an "s". Attached.
>
> Kris Kowal
>
>  mercenario.png
> 67KViewDownload

Brandon Stewart

Jan 4, 2012, 3:58:49 PM1/4/12
to elv...@googlegroups.com
Taking the opportunity to wish Mr. Tolkien a happy birthday!
--
"All that is gold does not glitter,
 Not all those who wander are lost.

                            ~ J.R.R. Tolkien