Google Groups Beta

cowber...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2006, 7:03:31 PM12/7/06
to elvish
Elflinguists,

Google is working on a new interface for Google Groups. You can visit
the Elvish group now at groups-beta.google.com/group/elvish/. The new
interface provides integration for Google Pages, like a Wiki. I've
opened them for general editing for all members of the mailing list so
we can potentially collaborate on them. I envision maintaining a
dictionary of terms and names that we've translated, and I belive that
the new interface will cross reference pages and discussions about
them. Also, the new interface has permitted me to select a clean
aesthetic and an icon, that you should all enjoy translating :-)

I've graduated from college and am now working at Apple and working on
a web app framework at home and simply don't have the mindshare to
dedicate to a periodical. I'm sorry that I've not maintained the Word
of the Week; I enjoyed writing them while I could and encourage anyone
to post a "Word of the Moment" at their whim. It would be a great way
to share. Also, encourage friends and family to ask us to translate
things. That's what I'm here for anyway :-). Hopefully my web app
framework efforts will pay off in the long run and I'll be able to run
a web page where we can chat in Tengwar on a Middle Earth map.

Speak "friends",
Kris Kowal.