Copyright for the book

1 view

Sergio Sorrenti

Feb 12, 2011, 5:01:07 PM2/12/11
to elua-on-mi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

what about to use the Creative Commons
with attribuition (by)

And the share a like option?

There is also the option to disable the derivative work,
but i think it's not the case since this work is collaborative,
also if under a main author that is Martin.

Sergio

Dado Sutter

Feb 12, 2011, 5:05:49 PM2/12/11
to elua-on-mi...@googlegroups.com

Again, I'm probably the last person in this planet to opine on this.
But I'll check with a writer friend (who by the way translated to Portuguese the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :) who may have something to say.

Sergio

Best
Dado

Martin Guy

Feb 13, 2011, 7:50:31 AM2/13/11
to elua-on-mi...@googlegroups.com

Yes, CC-BY also gives eLua and Mizar32 free publicity if people re-use
our stuff.
I have no problem with derivative works (particularly seeing that some
of the content will be a derivative work in itself!)

Sergio Sorrenti

Feb 13, 2011, 10:28:37 AM2/13/11
to elua-on-mi...@googlegroups.com

2011/2/13 Martin Guy <marti...@gmail.com>

I agree for the CC-BY,
probably the disabling of derivative is a benefict for other form of writings.

Sergio