Thanks for a great concert

Robson Vianna

Mar 7, 2008, 11:26:27 AM3/7/08
to eltonjohns...@yahoogrupos.com.br, eltonjohncorporat...@yahoogroups.com, eltonjohncorporat...@yahoogroups.com, eltonjohns...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for a great concert

http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=930799

Twenty-seven hours it took me to get my Elton John tickets. The cold, the night being downtown with no one I knew could not deter me from trying to get my hands on tickets for a once-in-a-lifetime concert. Sir Elton John here in Sudbury, of course, was the talk of my time spent downtown that day, night and following morning.

Lucky was I to have met some awesome people and to gain knowledge of some businesses with kind people who warmed us with coffee, tea or a washroom and it still goes down as a surprisingly wonderful experience I will never forget.

After all the "problems" of the last month or so with tickets and politics, I was truly worried that our concert was not going to happen. I had waited so long for my tickets. I was told I would get nothing because I should be getting my tickets through the computer but my stubbornness got me those tickets and boy did I cry when they were handed to me.

Fast forward to March 2, and the big event finally arrived. Waiting for the gates to open, I looked outside at the area where we stood waiting and tipped my hat to all those who toughed it out that night and said to myself, "We made it!"

When Elton John started with "Your song" the tears flowed freely. He was singing to us. Sir Elton John was here in Sudbury singing to a crowd who could still hardly grasp the idea that we were honoured to welcome such a great song writer and singer here in our city.

After being entertained with his music for two hours and 45 minutes, it was hard to believe it was ending. It seemed like five quick minutes had passed. I must have cried during three or four songs of his and looked up to the screen telling myself, "This is real." He treated us with the utmost respect when he pointed to the chairs on the floor the stands to the side and made a point to walk to the back of the stage and acknowledge his fans there too.

Whether you are a huge fan who would have "died" not getting the tickets, a music lover who enjoys Elton John for the beautiful lyrics and music he composes or a person who just wasn't interested in seeing the concert, it must be admitted by all how lucky we were to have greeted such a person - and in response from our guest, respect and possibly another concert here in Sudbury.

As I stood and clapped after every song, I now applaud one last time Sir Elton John for showing me that, no matter where you live, how much money a person may have, we are all important enough to be acknowledged and valued as the people who bought the records and made him the success he is today.

Thank you to the promoters, the people who worked to get this concert here, the radio stations that played more Elton John music than usual and thank you Elton John for making a 33-year-old Sudbury girl stay here in her home town and enjoy such a beautiful concert.

Rosalie Charlebois

Darwin determined to see Elton
March 6, 2008 - 6:44PM

Darwin is determined - Sir Elton John is coming to town.

All it will take is a few banners, 10,000 signatures and a bit of luck, says NT Tourism Minister Kon Vatskalis.

The pop legend's plans to tour regional Australia went public a few weeks ago, when his promoter Michael Chugg revealed Sir Elton was trying to include the Northern Territory and Western Australia as part of his Asian tour.

Both regions missed out on seeing the Rocket Man on his Australian tour last year.

Mr Vatskalis today called on all Territorians to do they bit in getting the entertainer to the Top End.

The government has joined forces with a local company to encourage Territorians to register online in a bid to secure a performance by Sir Elton John in Darwin in May.

Unveiling 10 three metre colour banners urging people to support the push - to be erected at several vantage points around the city - Mr Vatskalis today said it was no time for complacency.

"Sir Elton John has expressed an interest in performing in Darwin not Sydney, not Melbourne, not Brisbane - Darwin," he said.

"And we want him to know how much we want him here.

"To do that, we need a minimum of 10,000 people to get on-line and register their support for a Darwin show."

Mr Chugg said that if the shows went ahead it could prompt other artists to rethink the way they tour Australia and the places they included in their itineraries.

--
Robson Vianna.