Elton John is sick and under doctor´s orders

1 view

Robson Vianna

Mar 16, 2008, 2:27:16 PM3/16/08
to eltonjohns...@yahoogrupos.com.br, eltonjohncorporat...@yahoogroups.com, eltonjohncorporat...@yahoogroups.com, eltonjohns...@googlegroups.com

Elton John still dazzles audiences after all these years

By CHUCK DARROW • Courier-Post Staff • March 13, 2008

Elton John presented a far different show than the one we came to know and love during his 1970s heyday while making the only regional stop of his current "Rocket Man" solo tour Monday night at the Bob Carpenter Center on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.

Then, he was the "Rock 'n' Roll Liberace," a highly amped, highly camp, almost cartoonish force of nature in electric suits who fronted a full-tilt band capable of blowing the roof off even the most hangar-like hockey arena.

Monday, however, saw what Jerry Seinfeld might describe as the "Bizarro" Elton John, a complete opposite anchored to his piano stool accompanied only by the occasional keening of canned strings.

But that's exactly what made the 27-song, 2 1/2-hour recital so special.

Stripped of all artifice and visual distractions, the program consisted merely of Elton, his almost-supernatural canon of memorable, meaningful songs and an appreciative -- make that worshipful -- sold-out audience that bathed itself in the warmth of those familiar lyrics and embracing melodies.

With little to hide behind, Elton -- Sir Elton to the Anglophiles among us -- had to be in nothing less than spectacular voice. Given his highly documented cocaine abuse in the 1970s and '80s, it's nearly miraculous that he has any voice at all today. That it may be more rich and powerful than ever is simply off the charts.

Like those of the best male singers before him, Elton's voice has aged nicely. Though not as piercing as they once were, his pipes are now nicely burnished.

Monday, his throaty, mature baritone gave ample emotional heft to any number of minor-key meditations, imbuing them with a melancholy and world-weariness the younger Elton just couldn't provide.

This was especially true on the autumnal "60 Years On," an emotive reading of "Border Song" and the appropriately evocative "Rocket Man," which boasted a coda during which he showed off some impressive stride-piano chops.

And that wasn't EJ's only display of keyboard dexterity. Throughout the evening, his considerable talents as a keyboardist were on display, from the boogie-woogie playfulness of "Crocodile Rock" to the look-at-me-showing-off on the classically inspired instrumental piece "Carla Etude."

If there was a drawback Monday, it was Sir Elton lingered too long in Balladville. But this only served to make the sporadic up-tempo numbers more valuable.

"Honky Cat" didn't miss any support instrumentation; his barrelhouse riffing happily propelled it into the stratosphere. Plus, "Philadelphia Freedom" was a pedal-to-the-metal sprint around the track that served as an emphatic reminder the British pop icon is certainly not too old to rock 'n' roll.

Among the show's other highlights were a typically crowd-pleasing rendition of "Candle in the Wind," an exceptionally muscular "Levon" and a version of "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues" on which he sounded a lot like his old chum, Billy Joel, musically and vocally. Reach Chuck Darrow at (856) 486-2442 or cda...@gannett.com

In your voice

Read reactions to this story

User Image
jerseybeachgirl wrote:

I have been an Elton John fan since I was 12. I am now 51. I was there Monday night at the Bob Carpenter Center to see my favorite performer. He was awesome, as usual. His voice is like wine, he gets better with age. He sang Blue Eyes, a song I have been waiting to hear for years. I just love him. The Bob Carpenter Center was in the presence of greatness Monday night and so was I. Till next time Elton. PS If you find yourself in Vegas, go and see him at Caesars. Fabulous!!
3/13/2008 7:48:29 AM

Click here.

Location Map
Photo
Elton John Sick, Fans Sick About Show Being Canceled

WKRG.com Related Resources

Controversial Apartment Addition Canceled
Plans to add 120 units to a Daphne apartment complex are off the table. The developer of Grande Pointe…
» Controversial Apartment Addition…

Tonight's sold out concert at the Pensacola Civic Center has been canceled, under doctor's orders.
Published: Fri, March 14, 2008 - 1:04 pm
The Rocket Man has been temporarily grounded. Elton John is sick and under doctor's orders, tonights sold out concert at the Pensacola Civic Center is canceled.
But there is a bit of good news for disappointed fans. Elton John will be back in Pensacola on April 25th. Tickets for tonight's show can be used then, or ticketholders can contact the Civic Center Box Officer or Ticketmaster for a refund.
News 5 found this apology on Elton John's website, "Elton and his management extend their apologies for the inconvenience caused by this unavoidable rescheduling of the Florida dates."
Tomorrow's concert in Tallahassee and Sunday's show in Gainesville will also have to be rescheduled.

photo

Sir Elton John put on a concert Monday in Newark, Del., that was fit for royalty.

(Associated Press file)

Sir Elton adds second date to his ECHO Arena show

Mar 15 2008 by Tina Miles, Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/03/15/sir-elton-adds-second-date-to-his-echo-arena-show-100252-20626898/

SIR Elton John has added an extra date for his Las Vegas show The Red Piano in Liverpool.

Organisers were quick to add another show after box office telephone lines were swamped by people wanting to see his first ever arena concert in Liverpool.

The star will play at the ECHO Arena on Wednesday, December 17 and Thursday, December 18 – and tickets are on sale now.

Elton will be the first musical act to have added a second date at the ECHO Arena, and all within only three hours of tickets going on sale.

The Red Piano show, conceptualised and designed by acclaimed photographer and friend of Elton, David LaChapelle, has been running at The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, to almost 200 packed houses since 2004.

Sir Elton brought the show to London's O2 Arena in September 2007, to rave reviews, as part of his 60th birthday celebrations and to mark 40 years of touring.

Elton John said: "I can't wait to see how British audiences react to The Red Piano.

"The show is stuffed with hits, it's brash, bright and colourful."

Elton John cancels concert, reschedules it for April 24

BY BILL DEAN
THE GAINESVILLE SUN

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080315/NEWS/803150327/1368/googlesitemapnews

A makeup date of April 24 has been announced for Elton John's Sunday concert at the O'Connell Center, which was postponed this morning due to illness, O'Connell officials said.

Tickets purchased for Sunday's performance will be honored for the rescheduled date, Lynda Reinhart, director of the O'Connell Center said.

Refunds, for those who can't attend the makeup date, which is on a Thursday, are available at point of purchase.

The performer, who had been scheduled to perform tonight in Pensacola and Saturday in Tallahassee before appearing Sunday in Gainesville, canceled all three shows "very late last night," Reinhart said.

Sunday's cancellation was announced Friday morning by University of Florida President Bernie Machen.

The announced cause of a kidney stone, however, is just rumor, Reinhart said.

"We have been told that he is ill. The kidney stone is unconfirmed rumor," she said.

Three years ago, John canceled a March 20, 2005, date at the O'Connell also because of illness.

Sunday's concert, for which about 9,000 tickets (out of a possible 11,000) had been sold, was to mark his long-awaited return.

Billy Elliot—The Musical Sets Broadway Opening Date at the Imperial

By Andrew Gans
and Kenneth Jones
13 Mar 2008 http://www.playbill.com/news/article/115871.html

Billy Elliot artwork

As previously announced, Billy Elliot — the Olivier Award-winning Elton John-Lee Hall musical based on the 2000 film of the same name — will play its first Broadway preview Sept. 17 at the Imperial Theatre.

Playbill.com has learned that the eagerly awaited musical will officially open at the Imperial Oct. 16.

A search has been ongoing for the triple-threat lads who will alternate in the role of the working-class boy with dreams of ballet stardom. The musical is a London sensation (at the Victoria Palace Theatre), hailed as composer Elton John's most mature writing for the musical theatre (following The Lion King, Aida and Lestat). A Sydney production opened in December 2007.

Stephen Daldry, who directed the inspirational motion picture, also directs the stage production. The music is by Elton John with book and lyrics by Lee Hall.

The tale is set in England's Northeast against the background of a miners' strike. The musical concerns a working-class boy's dream of becoming a ballet dancer — and the obstacles and advocates he encounters.

Billy Elliot—The Musical features choreography by Peter Darling, scenic design by Ian MacNeil, costume design by Nicky Gillibrand, lighting design by Rick Fisher and sound design by Paul Arditti. Producers are Universal Pictures, Working Title & Old Vic Productions and Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Jon Finn and Sally Greene. Angela Morrison and David Furnish are executive producers.

The London production won Best New Musical at the 2006 Olivier Awards. Peter Darling picked up the Best Theatre Choreographer Award, while the Best Actor in a Musical Award was shared by James Lomas, George Maguire and Liam Mower, who originated the title role.

A London cast album is in stores. For more information, visit www.billyelliotthemusical.com.

Elton John makes it an Arena double in Liverpool

Mar 15 2008 by Staff Reporter, Liverpool Daily Post

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2008/03/15/elton-john-makes-it-an-arena-double-in-liverpool-64375-20627313/

SIR Elton John will play a second show at the Echo Arena Liverpool after box office telephone lines were swamped by fans wanting to see his first ever arena concert in Liverpool.

The extra show, on Thursday, December 18, was added within three hours of tickets going on sale for his show on the previous day, making Sir Elton the first musical act to have added a second date at the Arena since it opened at the start of the year.

The Red Piano show, conceptualised and designed by acclaimed photographer and friend of Elton, David LaChapelle, has been running at The Colosseum, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, to packed houses since 2004.

Sir Elton brought the show to London's O2 Arena in September 2007, to rave reviews, as part of his 60th birthday celebrations and to mark 40 years of touring.

The star said: "I can't wait to see how British audiences react to the Red Piano.

"The show is stuffed with hits, it's brash, bright and colourful.

"Over the past four years, we have played almost 200 Red Piano shows at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and every single one has been an event – the band and I have had a ball!

To book tickets, go to www.liverpool.com, www.accliverpool.com or call the ECHO Arena box office on 0844 8000 400.

West End star Michael Ball is to return to Liverpool to play the Summer Pops on Saturday, July 19.

Fresh from his Olivier Award victory, the star will perform a musicals spectacular show with songs from his musical, Hairspray, as well as hit numbers taken from some of the world's best-loved shows.

Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday, March 21, priced at £27.50/£32.50 (a limited amount of Gold Circle tickets available).

Can Savannah Bring in Big Performers?

Updated: March 12, 2008 09:19 PM

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8007379&nav=menu89_10_21_2

Savannah Civic Center.
Savannah Civic Center.
News Archives
2007
The top stories of the year, reviewed

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Tonight, one of the most popular performers in modern music takes the stage in Savannah. Elton John is live at the Savannah Civic Center. The concert is a sell-out and people at the Savannah Civic Center say it's proof Savannah does have the fan base to bring in big name concerts. Now, they just need a bigger venue to hold them.

With her tickets in hand, Debra Larson was one of 7,900 fans expected to enjoy Elton John's performance at the Savannah Civic Center.

"I'm extremely excited," she said. "I've wanted to see Elton John forever, since I've been in high school, which has been 30-some years ago. It's a great honor to be able to be here."

"It's a great big deal," admitted Marty Johnston, the Savannah Civic Center director. "We're honored to have somebody like Elton John. We've got people from all over the country shocked that we're going to start out his tour with his band before Las Vegas. We're very honored they chose our building."

Johnston said accommodating all the ticket holders was not easy. "Because Elton John likes Savannah, he came," she said. "But truly, our dressing rooms are not up to par as far as modern buildings."

She said they can also only handle a limited amount of equipment from the ceiling.

"We can only hold about 60,000 pounds and a lot of the major productions today have 90,000 pound video walls and lighting and sound. Those are things we're not capable of doing," Johnston said. "Elton John's folks were great for us to work on where we put the video screens so we could sell some seats behind the stage."

The special purpose local option sales tax, or SPLOST, will pay for a new $150 million arena to be built in the next five to six years on the city's west side. It will seat 12,000 to 15,000 people. Johnston said it will allow Savannah to bring in more big name acts.

"If we step it up in size just that little bit," she said. "We'll have the opportunity to get basically any artist we want."

That's something fans like Debra Larson would also like to see. "I come to a lot of events here and we definitely need larger accommodations so we can have big acts like Elton John and others come to Savannah," Larson said.

Elton John is not the only big name performer to play in Savannah. In the past, artists including Aerosmith, Brad Paisley, Patti LaBelle, KISS, Chicago, Liberache, Johnny Cash and Jimmy Buffett have come to the Savannah Civic Center. Elvis Presley was even scheduled to perform here, but he died just weeks before his tour date.

Reported by: Liz Flynn, lfl...@wtoc.com

Elton John cancels UF visit

By Alligator Staff

http://www.alligator.org/articles/2008/03/15/news/campus/080314_elton.txt

Elton John will not visit UF this weekend due to a kidney stone, said UF President Bernie Machen at Friday's Board of Trustees meeting.

John was scheduled to perform at the O'Connell Center on Sunday. The concert will be rescheduled, and tickets for Sunday's concert will be honored then, according to the O'Connell Center Web site. Refunds for tickets to Sunday's concert are available where they were purchased.

Elton John return comes with $75,000 string attached

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080310/NEWS01/80310001/1002

The Associated Press

MISSOULA — The University of Montana agreed to raise $75,000 for the Elton John AIDS Foundation as an inducement for the entertainer to perform a sold-out show on April 11 at the Adams Center.

John's AIDS Foundation has raised $125 million for AIDS-related work in 55 countries since 1992.

The required donation is spelled out in a memorandum of understanding between UM and the Howard Rose Agency, which represents John.

Two months ago, the Missoulian newspaper requested a copy of that memo, but was told it was a "trade secret" and not a public document. Since then, the UM student newspaper, the Montana Kaimin, has obtained the memo and editorially questioned the alleged "secrecy" of the deal.

Now, the Missoula AIDS Council, a nonprofit agency that serves HIV-positive Montanans, has also publicly questioned the requirement, feeling slighted by UM in its own locally based efforts for AIDS awareness, prevention and treatment.

The council wonders why any negotiations to raise money for HIV and AIDS treatment did not require that at least part of the proceeds go to efforts in Missoula.

That is a point the council made in a meeting last Friday with Adams Center director Mary Muse.

"It does mean that $75,000 is leaving the community, and the fact is that there are hundreds of Montanans living with HIV and AIDS," the Missoula Aids Council's executive director, Keri McWilliams, said in an interview.

The Elton John AIDS Foundation granted the Missoula AIDS Council $14,000 in 1997.

Muse said UM did keep the fundraising quiet, and deliberately so.

Most of the money is coming from UM's contacts with the Missoula business community, she said, and UM never had a doubt that it could come up with $75,000 over a period of five months, and therefore there was no need to run a very public capital campaign.

In fact, said Muse, running a public campaign would only hurt other capital efforts, including those by the UM Foundation and the Missoula AIDS Council.

Still, she did apologize on Friday to the AIDS Council for not informing it of the fundraising efforts.

After the ticket debacle from last autumn's Elton John concert, in which thousands of Missoulians stood in line while nearly all tickets were sold online, UM began courting John for a second concert almost immediately.

That's when UM learned of the AIDS Foundation, though nobody is clear who first brought up the possibility of UM rais-ing money for the charity.

"It was suggested that if UM could facilitate a donation, (John) would feel more accommodating to making room for a spring date," said Muse.

Adams Center apologizes to Missoula AIDS Council

Adams Center executive director Mary Muse sits down with the Kaimin Wednesday morning in her office. Questions have risen over an agreement Muse made with Elton John's managers that they would raise $75,000 for the singer's AIDS charity to get him back to Missoula for another performance. (Shane McMillan / Montana Kaimin)

http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/news/news_article/adams_center_apologizes_to_missoula_aids_council/2479

Story by Alex Sakaraiassen | March 13, 2008
Montana Kaimin

The Adams Center administration, after keeping quiet over a $75,000 donation effort for the Elton John AIDS Foundation, apologized to the Missoula AIDS Council last week for not being more open about its activities.

The council first learned of the donation, promised by the Adams Center in a memo to Elton John's agent, by phone last Thursday from a member of the Adams Center administration. After meeting with Adams Center Director Mary Muse last Friday, the council sent a letter to University of Montana President George Dennison outlining its concerns.

"It's disappointing to me, and to other non-profit operators, to see that much money leave the community when there are needs at home," Keri McWilliams, the council's executive director, told the Montana Kaimin Wednesday.

McWilliams said Dennison responded to the council's letter via e-mail, agreeing that better communication between the Adams Center and local organizations should have existed. Dennison also reiterated that the donation is a private fundraising effort and the University has not contributed funds in any way, McWilliams said.

Muse said she got the feeling the council was "delighted" to see someone involved with John's Foundation and the effort to increase AIDS awareness. She said she believes there aren't "two sides" to the issue of the donation, rather the Adams Center and the council are "pulling from the same end."

"Our intention is not to take money away from them," Muse said.

But McWilliams called into question the benefits Muse has claimed will come from the donation. She said the Adams Center has primarily targeted Missoula businesses to help raise the $75,000, and 60 percent of donations to the council come from local businesses. In short, the donation did have an impact on local AIDS relief, McWilliams said.

McWilliams added that, in addition to feeling an edge of competition from the Adams Center's efforts, the council felt overlooked as a potential resource or beneficiary in the fundraising process. The council has a strong relationship with UM in regards to donations, and would have welcomed some level of inclusion in the donation, she said.

"That also leaves us disappointed, that we weren't brought into the equation in any way," McWilliams said.

Muse has repeatedly defended the donation as nothing more than a cog in the mechanics of securing a second John concert, a cog with the added bonus of benefiting AIDS awareness. The concert, she claims, will benefit Missoula, UM and the state of Montana by building the area's reputation and pouring money into Missoula's economy.

But, McWilliams argued, a second concert does nothing to benefit AIDS relief in Missoula, at UM or in the state of Montana.

"I agree that it's good for the economy," McWilliams said. "But it doesn't directly benefit the people we (the council) serve."

According to the contract between the Adams Center and promoter AEG Live, $2 from every ticket sold will be donated to John's foundation, a standard practice with most John concerts.

Despite the council's concerns, Muse and McWilliams agreed the Friday meeting was a positive one, a "good visit," as Muse put it.

"I felt both of us came away with more information, and a better sense of each other's goals," Muse said.

During the meeting, Muse explained to the council the nature of the negotiations behind the donation. The council in turn outlined the nature of its operations for Muse, operations which include building HIV/AIDS awareness in Montana and providing resources for the estimated 500 individuals in Montana now living with AIDS.

"She (Muse) was very receptive to learning what we do as an agency," McWilliams said.

Nepal's gays to contest polls for first time
14 Mar 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN
  Print  Save  EMail  Write to Editor
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Nepals_gays_to_contest_polls_for_first_time/articleshow/2863376.cms
KATHMANDU: Inspired by the support shown by the Supreme Court and the example set by a peer in neighbour India, Nepal's gay community will take its first poll plunge on April 10 when the nation goes to the hustings for the first time to write a new, pro-people constitution.

At least seven members from the sexual minority communities, including Nepal's best known homosexual rights activist Sunil Pant, will make history as the first openly gays to fight an election in the nation where till two years ago, families either disowned their gay children or forced them into inter-sex marriage to hide their sexual identity.

Pant, a computer engineer from Belarus who founded Blue Diamond Society, Nepal's first and best-known gay rights organisation, began doggedly carving out an identity for the persecuted community by moving court to check police atrocities on gays and starting an annual gay beauty pageant.

The Society, at first regarded as a monstrosity by Nepal's conservative society, began to be accepted when it was chosen by pop icon Elton John as a partner in the Elton John Foundation's efforts worldwide to fight HIV/AIDS.

The Communist Party of Nepal-Unified, a splinter left party formed in 2007 by the merger of three parties, has become the first - and the only - party to choose four gay nominees for the April 10 election that will elect a 601-member constituent assembly and mandate it to write a new constitution.

While Pant has been named for the proportional representation system that will elect 335 members, three of his peers have been fielded for straight fights that will determine 240 seats. The remaining 26 seats are to be nominated.

Three more members are contesting independently. All six direct fight contenders are standing from the plains, where it is estimated there are about 7000-8000 transgenders, who eke out a living dancing in weddings and other social functions.

The community's decision came after the Supreme Court struck a blow for gay rights in December. It said homosexuality was a natural phenomenon and gays should be recognized as citizens belonging to a third gender

Hallenser in Amerika, Amerikaner in Halle

Bianca und Andreas mit Elton JohnOscar-Verleihung und East-Coast-Party

http://www.blitz-world.de/web/2008/03/hal1.htm

Bianca Roggen (22) und Andreas Meyer (23) hießen die überglücklichen Gewinner einer Reise zur Oscar-Verleihung nach Hollywood.

Genau genommen hatten die beiden VIP-Tickets für die "Elton John Academy Awards Viewing Party". Ein Anruf beim Radiosender 89.0 RTL genügte … Die Grafikdesign-Studentin und der Angestellte im Öffentlichen Dienst sind seit acht Jahren ein Paar und die Geschichte die typische: "Du gewinnst da doch sowieso nichts", hieß es. Eine siebentägige Reise nach Kalifornien wurde es!
Noch immer mit ein wenig Zeitverschiebung in den Schuhen erzählen die beiden begeistert von ihren Eindrücken. "Das Komplettprogramm enthielt für uns Strände, Filmstudios und Hollywood pur. Besonders zur Verleihung der Oscars lebt dieses Stück Stadt zur Hochform auf und es wimmelt nur so vor Prominenz. Alles was wir unternahmen, war für uns inklusive - alles mitmachen, Wünsche erfüllen, Luxus pur."
Auf der Party von Elton John, für die die Karten jeweils 10.000 Dollar kosteten, tummelten sich fast ausschließlich bekannte Gesichter. Dass Bianca und Andreas von Nervosität heimgesucht wurden, ist da nachvollziehbar. Allerdings legte sich die, vor allem im persönlichen Kontakt mit den Anwesenden. Bianca und Andreas mit Kate BeckinsaleBianca nahm ihren Mut zusammen, da sie Fotos und Autogramme sammeln wollte. So begegneten unseren Hallensern sehr aufgeschlossene und freundliche Stars wie Elton John, Lionel Richie, Tim Allen oder Kate Beckinsale, "die bereitwillig zu gemeinsamen Fotos und Autogrammen zur Verfügung standen", wie Bianca sagt.
Glamour und Glanz haben die Gewinner vom Fünf-Gänge-Menü über den Champagner en masse bis hin zu den luxuriösen Möbeln sehr beeindruckt. "Nur die Toiletten auf der Party, das waren Dixi-Toiletten, das glaubt man kaum", erzählen sie. Den Wunsch nach Karten für nächstes Jahr haben sie bereits bekundet. Klar.

Zunächst aber kommen zwei Amerikaner nach Halle! Der hiesige DJ Choice beschert uns folgende Gäste: Die East-Coast-Jungs Jason Caesar und Supa Nova, beide musikalisch positiv vorbelastet. Jason Caesar stellte 2007 sein Debütalbum vor und schaffte damit den Sprung nach Europa. Die zwei ergänzen sich als Duo perfekt. Jason Caesar (links) und Supa NovaMit Choice arbeiten sie seit einem guten Jahr zusammen. Inzwischen hat es Choice sogar geschafft, Mitglied bei PoE.T.s Music zu werden. Das erste vorzeigbare gemeinsame Produkt ist das "Crunk Sinatra Mixtape Vol. 1", welches im Internet zum Download bereit steht.
Choice selbst äußert sich positiv über die gemeinsame Geschichte mit den Kollegen: "Angefangen hat alles bei Myspace ... Ich habe über eine deutsche Promotion-Firma mit den beiden Kontakt aufgenommen, und wir haben uns oft geschrieben. Und irgendwann entstand die Idee, zusammenzuarbeiten, weil wir uns prima verstanden. Im Sommer 2007 war ich drüben in den Staaten, und wir haben telefoniert und uns das erste Mal getroffen. Als erstes sollte es nur eine Zusammenarbeit für mein Mixtape geben. Den beiden gefiel das ganze Tape so gut, dass die Anfrage kam, ob ich nicht noch mehr mit ihnen machen wolle."
Er wollte. Der 4. April steht auch darum im Zeichen des HipHop. Auf der Friggen-Party in der Palette agieren dann neben Jason Caesar und Supa Nova etliche weitere Künstler. Noch einmal Choice: "Ja, ich hab die beiden hierher geholt, weil ich denke, die Leute wollen auch mal wieder was geboten haben. Es bedeutet mir echt sehr viel, weil wir über die anderthalb Jahre sehr gute Freunde geworden sind, und wir uns super verstehen, im menschlichen Sinne wie auch auf musikalischer Ebene! Es wird ein echtes Partyfeuerwerk geben, und ich denke, es wird den Leuten gefallen. Die beiden machen echt 'ne geile Show. Das haben sie schon in London, Hamburg, Paris, Köln und Tokio gezeigt." Und jetzt in Halle!

Friggen-Termin:
04.04. Tanzbar Palette

Elton John concert postponed

http://insideuf.ufl.edu/2008/03/14/elton-posponed/

Filed under Top Stories, Announcements on March 14, 2008.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The Elton John concert scheduled for March 16 at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center has been postponed, due to illness. The new concert date is April 24.

Elton John postpones Florida concertshttp://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2008/03/14/elton_john_postpones_florida_concerts/7170/

ELTON JOHN

Published: March 14, 2008 at 4:14 PM
TALLAHASSEE, Fla., March 14 (UPI) -- British rock 'n' roll great Elton John reportedly has been forced to reschedule his upcoming Florida concerts due to illness.

The show slated for Saturday night at the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center was rescheduled for April 23, the Tallahassee (Fla.) Democrat reported Friday.

John is also postponing shows in Pensacola, Tallahassee and Gainesville, the report said.

A news release issued by the Civic Center said the cancellations were made as per "doctor's instructions."

"Elton and his management extend their apologies for the inconvenience caused by this unavoidable rescheduling of the Florida concerts," the statement said.

Tickets will be valid for the rescheduled concerts, however, ticket holders who want refunds can obtain them at the point of purchase, the newspaper said.

Elton John adds extra Liverpool date

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/breaking-news/2008/03/14/elton-john-adds-extra-liverpool-date-100252-20625327/

Mar 14 2008 by Jon Tunney, Liverpool Echo

SIR Elton John has added an extra date for his Las Vegas Show 'The Red Piano' in Liverpool.

Organisers were quick to add another show after box office telephone lines were swamped by people wanting to see his first ever arena concert in Liverpool.

The star will play at the ECHO Arena on Wednesday, December 17 and Thursday, December 18 – and tickets are on sale now.

Elton will be the first musical act to have added a second date at the ECHO Arena, and all within only three hours of going on sale.

The Red Piano show, conceptualised and designed by acclaimed photographer and friend of Elton, David LaChapelle, has been running at The Colosseum, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas to packed houses since 2004.

Sir Elton brought the show to London's O2 Arena in September 2007, to rave reviews, as part of his 60th birthday celebrations and to mark 40 years of touring.

Elton John said: "I can't wait to see how British audiences react to the Red Piano.

"The show is stuffed with hits, it's brash, bright and colourful. Over the past four years we have played almost 200 Red Piano shows at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and every single one has been an event – the band and I have had a ball!

David LaChapelle created the show with the Las Vegas ambience very firmly in mind, but for a long time we have been working towards bringing the show to Europe.

He said: "The show is a visual extravaganza, a collage of all the outrageous and beautiful images Elton has been responsible for in his career.

"I wanted it to sparkle and shine and just be lush - almost edible, like looking at a candy store. Elton has had a lot of fun. There have been some sad parts in his life, but when he's on that stage I think that he loves it. This was a way of showing that love of performing and pay tribute to it".

Elton John Postpones Sold-out Concert Save Email Print
http://www.wtvynews4.com/news/headlines/16678751.html
Last Updated: 11:40 AM Mar 14, 2008

A | A | A

Due to sudden illness, Elton John's concert tonight at the Pensacola Civic Center, is postponed.

The concerts on 15 March in Tallahassee and on 16 March in Gainesville, Florida are also postponed.

Management is currently rearranging the Florida dates and will announce new dates as soon as possible.

All tickets for the postponed concerts will be valid for the rescheduled ones, or ticket holders can obtain refunds from their point of purchase.

UPDATED: Elton John reschedules tonight's concert

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12825

Brenda Shoffner

Friday March 14th, 2008

Comment on this Story | Read Comments

PENSACOLA — Elton John announced on his Web site (eltonjohn.com) that his sold-out concert tonight at the Pensacola Civic Center must be postponed "due to sudden illness," the Web site says.

The Pensacola Civic Center announced that the concert there has been rescheduled for April 25.

Under doctor's instructions, the concerts March 15 at the Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center, Tallahassee, and March 16 at the Stephen O'Connell Center, Gainesville, also are postponed.

The Tallahassee concert has been rescheduled for April 23 and the Gainesville concert for April 24, according to the Civic Center release.

All tickets for the postponed concerts will be valid for the rescheduled ones, or ticket holders can obtain refunds from their point of purchase.

It is expected that John will be fit to perform the first show of the Red Piano run at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, on March 19, the site says.

Rock legend Elton John had been scheduled to perform today at the Pensacola Civic Center, but the concert will be postponed due to "sudden illness."
Special to the News Journal

Published - March, 14, 2008

Elton John postponed

Julio Diaz
jd...@pnj.com

The Pensacola Civic Center reports that tonight's Elton John concert will be rescheduled to April 25 due to the rock icon's sudden illness.

Tickets purchased for tonight's show will be honored on the new date. Ticketholders who are unable to attend on April 25 may obtain a refund from their point of purchase.

Concerts scheduled for Saturday in Tallahassee and Sunday in Gainesville will also be rescheduled, according to eltonjohn.com.

Details: 432-0800, or visit www.pensacolaciviccenter.com.

<b>Elton John announced a makeup date for his concert, which was postponed this morning due to illness.</b>
Elton John announced a makeup date for his concert, which was postponed this morning due to illness.
SCHALK VAN ZUYDAM/THE AP/JANUARY FILE

--
Robson Vianna.