November 30: Special STEAM Seminar Invitation

Kristof Fenyvesi

Nov 26, 2021, 5:44:49 PM11/26/21
to math-art...@googlegroups.com, international-coaliti...@googlegroups.com, ISEP SEMINARS ON EDUCATION, Élményműhely
This month, the monthly Special STEAM Seminar will take place on Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 17:00-19:00 (KST Seoul Time, GMT+0900).

REGISTER to the event for free: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-11th-special-steam-seminar-tickets-217774127277?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

When mathematics and art meet in the classroom

Description by the speaker:

The lecture is describing various ways of teaching mathematical concepts in school using artistic activities. Mathematics and art have connections on many levels and using teaching strategies that combine those two disciplines gives remarkable results in the classroom. Illustrating mathematical concepts to students through art gives them an opportunity to think about mathematics from different perspectives that they used to. That is especially beneficial to students who are not motivated to learn mathematics.

In this lecture, I will share my experience, since I have applied art in my mathematical classroom for several years, and through many projects. Origami, art, poetry, or dance can be used to teach students geometry, algebra, or algorithms and during my lesson, you will find out how.

Speaker introduction:

Natalija Budinski, teacher of mathematics and principal of Petro Kuzmjak school in Serbia.

The field of her interest is innovation in education and teaching mathematics through art activities. She has published many papers in educational journals, given workshops in international conferences, and taken part in several international projects. This year she is awarded a Fulbright scholarship for teachers.

image.png