Fwd: Summary of the CLASSROOM THINKTANK and registration for Dr. Roger Beaty - What is the creative mind? Feb. 5, 10 am

Kristof Fenyvesi

Jan 26, 2022, 4:25:28 PM1/26/22
to Élményműhely, math-art...@googlegroups.com, international-coaliti...@googlegroups.com, ISEP SEMINARS ON EDUCATION

Summary of the CLASSROOM THINKTANK and registration for Dr. Roger Beaty - What is the creative mind? Feb. 5, 10 am
Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Forward Forward
Share Share
Last Saturday we celebrated the launch of the Creative Brain with Leonard Sommer's talk, Lessons from the CLASSROOM THINKTANK.

Soon we will share the recording of the event in case you missed it or would like to relive it.

Leonard's talk included his research on how we can foster creativity around us and invited us to reflect on how to inspire others, the need to make time for problem-solving, learning how to ask the most important questions and how not to worry about making mistakes. It was an invitation to create a culture where mistakes are celebrated as learning.

He also talked about his work with professionals in the creative industry where discussions revealed what the educational system could learn from the organizational design, learning culture, teaching methods and evaluation methods of these work environments.Transforming our environments in this way could help support the cultural change needed to prepare our future generations.

Leonard also launched the Global Call for Creative Ideas >> which invites everyone to come up with a creative solution to a major problem facing humanity.

What is the creative mind?

We are also happy to announce that registration is now open for the talk by Dr. Roger Beaty from the Cognitive Neuroscience of Creativity Lab at Penn State University, Saturday, February 5 at 10:00 a.m.

He will discuss how creativity works in different contexts and domains and how each participant of in the Global Call for Creative Ideas can take part in the Penn State University Creativity Study and thereby contribute to research on creativity and how we can help promote it in our schools and lives.

Register at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_TonT-qxvSHS3T93FyqiUeQ (English with Spanish translation available.

Register here >>