Fwd: webinar invitation: Free Play with Loose Parts in Schools | 31st January 2023, 3pm EET

Kristof Fenyvesi

Jan 28, 2023, 7:17:46 AM1/28/23
to Élményműhely, math-art...@googlegroups.com, international-coaliti...@googlegroups.com, ISEP SEMINARS ON EDUCATION
Dear Colleagues!

We are delighted to invite you to the Free Play with Loose Parts in Schools webinar. Thank you for sharing this event with your co-workers and collaborators who may be interested in joining us!

Date: 31st January 2023 14 pm CET / 15 pm EET

Registration required: https://jyufi.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Ukf-CoqzksEtAebKnzsLXUV6umca1h2g-y

In our webinar we are going to think together, what play is, and how we play or played, and how the children play today. We will also show you a video on the existing examples of loose parts play in European schools.

Presenters of the webinar are:

  • Kamil Maciaszek: head of GratoSfera Foundation, advocate for children’s play in Poland
  • Virag Suhajda, PhD: head of Rogers Foundation for Person-Centred Education, play researcher

Schedule:
14.00-14.10: Introduction of facilitators and organizations and the structure of the webinars
14.10-14.40: Discussion: Free play and Play memories
14.40-14.55: Gdansk experiences on Loose Parts Play
14.55-15.00: Summing up and Upcoming Events

Play is a basic need for children. Maybe also for all of us. But the issue is, that there are less and less spaces available for school-aged children to play with each other. That is why it is very important to let them play where they are mostly together – in the schools. However often schools do not have playgrounds and have limited ways to support children.  We would like to invite you to a webinar, where we would like to show you how play can be supported in schools, and how it works in some European schools already.  In these schools we work with „loose parts” – reused elements from everyday life – which provide great play tools but are actually available for free. This way we don’t only support children, but also increase their awareness on reuse and sustainability.

Partner Organizations:

  • GratoSfera Foundation, Poland
  • Rogers Foundation for Person-Centred Education, Hungary
  • Finnish Institute for Educational Research, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
    The event is facilitated by the University of Jyväsklyä.

Moderators: Orsolya Tuba, Matias Mäki-Kuutti, Dr. Kristof Fenyvesi (Finnish Institute for Education Research, University of Jyväskylä)

More information: tub...@jyu.fi

Kind regards,

Orsolya Tuba

Research Group for Innovative Learning Environments:
https://www.jyu.fi/it/ile

JYU KTL ILE Research Projects:
https://bit.ly/3Xa4ndq