Fwd: SAXONartgallery: Uruguayan MADI Artists, ARDEN QUIN ● ROITMAN ● BOLÍVAR ● TORRES-GARCÍA

PUSE_PolyUniverse

Feb 24, 2022, 2:45:11 AMFeb 24
to Élményműhely
Uruguay & MADI.jpg
You are cordially invited to the opening of the exhibition of Uruguayan MADI artists on Thursday, February 24, 2022, from 17.00 to 21.00. The MADI (Movement-Abstraction-Dimension-Invention) movement, which started in South America and has since spread, is the "daredevil" of geometric art, and also the "stepchild", because of the lack of recognition and acknowledgement that still surrounds it in professional circles, which hide behind the mask of snobbery. Yet for more than 70 years, its distinctive formal features have been a lasting inspiration for 20th century geometric art movements, and a fertilising influence on schools, workshops, artists, masters and even designers almost throughout the world.

The exhibition will present the props of the YERBA MATE culture, indigenous to South America, courtesy of matemanus.hu, and will also include a lecture and workshop.

The exhibition will be open until 22 April 2022 by appointment, and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our pre-announced programmes!

--
SAXON Art Gallery
1063 Budapest, Szív utca 38.

​Uruguay & MADI.jpg