MVC 5, Azure elmah authenticated access

OzTrak

Oct 31, 2016, 5:33:39 AM10/31/16
to ELMAH
Hi All,
I am struggling with an issue with elmah.mvc when it comes to securing the /elmah page on Azure.  I can certainly make it secure but that is not what I want.  I only want certain users to be able to access it.

I can allow access to the page for all users by setting requiresAuthentication to false but as soon as I set it to true and setting a user in elmah.mvc.allowedUsers does not work and I have no access at all.

Here is my web.config that works (apart from being insecure):

    <add key="elmah.mvc.disableHandler" value="false" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.disableHandleErrorFilter" value="true" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.IgnoreDefaultRoute" value="false" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.requiresAuthentication" value="false" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.allowedRoles" value="*" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.allowedUsers" value="*" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.route" value="elmah" />
    <add key="elmah.mvc.UserAuthCaseSensitive" value="true" />

I also have
  <elmah>
    <errorLog type="Elmah.SqlErrorLog, Elmah" connectionStringName="ErrorLog" />
    <security allowRemoteAccess="true" />
  </elmah>

To be clear, I wish for only named users to have access but find that setting requiresAuthentication to true and setting a user name in allowedUsers cuts off all access for any user.

Any ideas most welcome.  Very happy with elmah - great tool.

Gordon

Atif Aziz

Oct 31, 2016, 2:43:46 PM10/31/16
to el...@googlegroups.com
Since this concerns Elmah.MVC, your question best belongs there:

OzTrak

Oct 31, 2016, 3:21:55 PM10/31/16
to ELMAH
Hi Atif,
Thank you for the link but it would seem that there is no activity there for a long time.  Hopefully someone here can help me out.