Not catching errors in WebMethod response

coolhotrod

Oct 19, 2017, 12:22:10 PM10/19/17
to ELMAH

Hi there, I've got an issue I'm hoping you can help with. I'm doing a lot of jquery ajax requests to web methods on my pages, but some of the errors aren't getting logged. It's a particular kind of error that seems to happen after exiting the web method, so using a try, catch in the web method doesn't seem to help. Sometimes I'll get an error from the Entity Framework when asp.net serializes the response into JSON. I tried doing the HttpHandler method in another thread on here where it attaches to the page error event for ajax requests. It was successful in attaching to the event for the requests, but no error was ever caught here, as it seems the error isn't a page level event.

I guess I'm just wondering if you're aware of any other event I could attach to, to log these errors. Maybe it's in the Entity Framework, or there's some other event in the response pipeline I'm unaware of.

Thanks,
Kyle

Atif Aziz

Oct 19, 2017, 4:13:27 PM10/19/17
to el...@googlegroups.com
What has this got to do with ELMAH? I think you'll have better luck over at StackOverflow.

coolhotrod

Oct 20, 2017, 11:29:58 AM10/20/17
to ELMAH
I'm sorry. I just thought you might be interested in a type of error that ELMAH isn't 'Logging' or 'Handling'. It seemed to me that is was within the scope of the project.

Atif Aziz

Oct 20, 2017, 7:10:17 PM10/20/17
to el...@googlegroups.com
Your entire message never mentioned ELMAH so perhaps it mislead to think that it's more of a general question.