Discovering Elm packages

Ryan Rempel

Aug 8, 2017, 10:37:40 PM8/8/17
to Elm Discuss
There are new or updated Elm packages every day.

Well, not quite every day -- there were none on July 30, 2017. Before that, the previous day without any new or updated Elm packages was April 1, 2017. And, before that, you would have to go back to October 2, 2016 to find an empty day. (This is counting a "day" in terms of UTC -- you'd get different results from the point of view of different time zones).

How, you might ask, do I know this? By consulting <https://package.frelm.org/recent>

Now, perhaps you're thinking that visiting a web page to find recently published Elm packages is too much effort. How about a Twitter feed? <https://twitter.com/frelmorg>

You may also be amazed to learn that there are 2073 distinct module names implemented by published Elm packages. How do I know that? By consulting <https://package.frelm.org/module>

This is all a bit of an experiment I've put together on my summer vacation. (I really ought to learn what vacations are for someday). I hope it's a useful supplementary source of information about Elm packages.

Ian Mackenzie

Aug 9, 2017, 9:36:27 AM8/9/17
to Elm Discuss
This is great! Already discovered a few interesting packages I didn't know about. Twitter feed followed =)

Vlad GURDIGA

Aug 9, 2017, 9:39:50 AM8/9/17
to Elm Discuss
This is nice indeed, but what I’m missing is an RSS feed, so that I don’t have to remember the day when I last looked at the list, and begin scanning the updates from there.

Ilias Van Peer

Aug 9, 2017, 9:46:22 AM8/9/17
to Elm Discuss
https://libraries.io/elm <- there are various rss feeds there.

Vlad GURDIGA

Aug 10, 2017, 4:06:34 AM8/10/17
to Elm Discuss
It looks like what I was looking for, thank you! 🤓

Conrad Parker

Aug 11, 2017, 6:21:13 AM8/11/17
to Elm Discuss
Hey, this is great! I like how it can find new elm projects (not just libraries), and makes it easy to follow dependencies.

Any chance you could change the urls to include username/project rather than the current repo/key?

Ryan Rempel

Aug 11, 2017, 12:15:02 PM8/11/17
to Elm Discuss
Thanks for the feedback!

I've created a couple of issues to track things mentioned here:

Matthieu Pizenberg

Aug 21, 2017, 2:49:36 AM8/21/17
to Elm Discuss
Wow, that's awesome! when are your next holidays? ^^