Elm on CodinGame?

Matthieu Pizenberg

Nov 10, 2017, 1:22:40 AM11/10/17
to Elm Discuss

Hi all, just wondering if some of you were also wondering if elm could run in a coding puzzles / multiplayer AI bot plateform.

CodinGame is one such plateform (French). I've participated in one multiplayer contest few years ago. From what I remember, the way it works is by giving some input to players and each player (coder) has to analyze this input, compute a strategy and produce its action by writing to standard output before the turn time limit.

This seems to be exactly the kind of architecture fitted for elm, similar to what the elm runtime does for us in TEA.

I remember enjoying my time discovering Python 3 while coding for the contest. While I'm aware coding contests are not perfect ways to learn programming, I thought it could be a nice addition to how people learn elm the language (and in a lesser extent the unidirectional cyclic flow of TEA).

Any thought?