Quest Giver Wanted

Peter Damoc

Jul 1, 2015, 4:31:58 AM7/1/15
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello kind people,

I need a little bit of help. I keep wanting to learn Elm but I haven't been able to do it yet.
I haven't been programming in the last 4 years due to some personal issues and I want to get back on the saddle.

I've been through the docs of Elm, I have played a little bit with the examples but I'm left still feeling impotent.

So, I got an idea. Why not make it more playful and use gaming ideas.

So, I need someone to provide me with a series of quests. Ideally these quests should be small projects that get progressively more and more sophisticated requiring more and more understanding of the way Elm is doing things.

Right now, I have a dream related to Elm but that is way way too big and I need training in order to get the strength to approach it.

Another idea that I had would be a mentorship program. Something like the Jedi Order where the people experienced with Elm take padawans and focus on getting that padawan to a level of proficiency (Jedi Knight) where they too can take padawans.

Maybe have a series of trials that an enthusiast could take before becoming eligible for the padawan position.

The mentorship program could be as simple as few emails per week with questions, answers and tasks.

If one of the more experienced Elm programmers want me as their padawan, I'm ready.

Kindly yours,
Peter

--
There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/

Gil Mizrahi

Jul 1, 2015, 10:54:02 AM7/1/15
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

I would be glad to give you a few challenges if you like, though I'm not very knowledgeable in Elm as others here.
If you like, you can mail me or find me on freenode under the nick 'suppi'.

Gil