ELK does not support $x. Axiom ignored

asca...@noemalife.com

Jul 9, 2014, 9:34:24 AM7/9/14
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
first of all I've to admit I'm new to ELK and Ontology World and then I'm sorry for anything stupid I write, but I'm here to learn new things with your help :-)

Now my issue: I'm using ELK as reasoner for my ontology model wrote using the Jena API. Thanks to this example[1] I successfully migrated my Jena model to ELK and vice-versa, but I get many warnings mainly due to the blank nodes:
ELK does not support AnonymousIndividual. Axiom ignored: ClassAssertion(<owl:AllDifferent> _:genid-nodeid-A298)
I don't know how to proceed now. I'm missing some step or there's no way to fully migrate a Jena model into ELK?

Thanks for your time and for your help.

Cheers.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/elk-reasoner/wiki/ElkOwlApi

Yevgeny Kazakov

Jul 10, 2014, 4:52:18 AM7/10/14
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the reason why anonymous individuals are ignored by ELK is that they
are not in the OWL 2 EL profile:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/#OWL_2_EL_2

I am not really sure what would be the problem had they been included.
I am not familiar very well with the semantics of anonymous
individuals in OWL and how is it related/different from the semantics
of black nodes in RDF.
The rest depends on what exactly you want to achieve in your migration
and how important the blank nodes for you. The simplest workaround
would be to replace all anonymous individuals with ordinary
individuals, e.g., replace "_:genid-nodeid-A298" with
"a:genid-nodeid-A298", where "a" is some new declared prefix. But I
do not know which side effects for your data this can cause.

Best regards,

Yevgeny

asca...@noemalife.com

Jul 10, 2014, 12:01:38 PM7/10/14
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com, yevgeny...@uni-ulm.de
Il giorno giovedì 10 luglio 2014 10:52:18 UTC+2, Yevgeny Kazakov ha scritto:
Hi,

the reason why anonymous individuals are ignored by ELK is that they
are not in the OWL 2 EL profile:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/#OWL_2_EL_2

I am not really sure what would be the problem had they been included.
I am not familiar very well with the semantics of anonymous
individuals in OWL and how is it related/different from the semantics
of black nodes in RDF.
The rest depends on what exactly you want to achieve in your migration
and how important the blank nodes for you. The simplest workaround
would be to replace all anonymous individuals with ordinary
individuals, e.g., replace "_:genid-nodeid-A298" with
"a:genid-nodeid-A298", where "a" is some new declared prefix.  But I
do not know which side effects for your data this can cause.

Thank you very much for your reply and your workaround.
It seems my issues are gone for now :-)

Best Regards