Reasoning on large triple store

Muhammad Javed

Aug 28, 2015, 11:42:20 PM8/28/15
to elk-reasoner-discussion
Hi,

I am willing to test and use ELK reasoner in my project.

We have a large triple store. The triples are in millions. (nearly 10M). Most of our data is at instance level (ABox).
My question is, how efficient the ELK reasoner is. Can I do reasoning on the fly ? What is the response time.
My real concern is the performance.

Is there any documentation regarding reasoning using ELK that I can read. Thanks

Regards
Javed

Yevgeny Kazakov

Aug 29, 2015, 8:15:21 AM8/29/15
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com
Dear Muhammad,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 5:42 AM, Muhammad Javed <ch.muham...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am willing to test and use ELK reasoner in my project.

Great!

We have a large triple store. The triples are in millions. (nearly 10M). Most of our data is at instance level (ABox).
My question is, how efficient the ELK reasoner is. Can I do reasoning on the fly ? What is the response time.
My real concern is the performance.

I cannot tell you for sure since the performance varies highly with ontologies and also depends on the amount of memory you have. Can you load your ontology using OWL API? Does the TBox conform to the OWL 2 EL profile [1]? Which reasoning tasks do you need to perform? What do you mean by "reasoning on the fly"?

Is there any documentation regarding reasoning using ELK that I can read. Thanks

You can take a look at the ELK wiki [2], which contains some examples of using ELK. But, in general, using ELK does not differ much from using any other OWL API reasoner.

Best regards,

Yevgeny

Regards
Javed