upgrade to OWL API 4.x

Yevgeny Kazakov

Dec 3, 2015, 8:43:44 AM12/3/15
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com
Dear ELK users,

in the next release of ELK we are planning to switch to OWL API 4.x (currently we use OWL API 3.x). This is done to make ELK compatible with the upcoming Protege 5. OWL API 4.x is not backward compatible with OWL API 3.x, so the new version of ELK will not work with OWL API 3.x.

I wonder, if any of you use ELK in applications which rely on OWL API 3.x and cannot be upgraded to OWL API 4.x? We would like to avoid, if possible, maintaining different versions of ELK for different versions of OWL API.

Best regards,

Yevgeny Kazakov

Chris Mungall

Dec 3, 2015, 11:23:16 AM12/3/15
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com, Heiko Dietze
Thanks for the update Yevgeny,

We have a large codebase written against the OWLAPI 3.5.x. Last time I
looked it seemed the upgrade was non-trivial as many convenience methods
had disappeared, but this may have changed with later iterations.

In any case I welcome the switch, most of our users have switched or are
switching to Protege 5.