`mix test` should randomize module execution order

Fabian Becker

Mar 2, 2023, 4:20:46 AM3/2/23
to elixir-lang-core
When running `mix test` the execution order of modules is always the same as `--seed` only affects the execution order of tests within a test module.

This leads to a weird optimization potential where renaming slow test modules to be higher ranked alphabetically can be advantageous to guarantee their early execution.

I propose to use the seed to also randomize the `require` order of modules and hence the execution order of test modules.

José Valim

Mar 2, 2023, 5:32:28 AM3/2/23
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. A PR is welcome!