Base45 Encoding / Decoding

433 просмотра

Jonatan Männchen

не прочитано,
23 июн. 2021 г., 05:24:3323.06.2021
– elixir-lang-core
Hi,

I'd like to contribute base45 to encoding & decoding to the Base Elixir module. (According to the spec https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-base45/)

Since it is currently only a draft, I would mark it as experimental until it is stable. I do not expect any changes to the standard anymore however.

If the verdict of this thread is that this can only be done once the RFC is stable, I'll implement it as a "polyfill" and will contribute it later.

The reason I would like this implemented is to build a certificate reader according to this spec  Hygeia (Swiss Contact Tracing Solution: https://github.com/jshmrtn/hygeia).

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Jonatan

Andrea Leopardi

не прочитано,
23 июн. 2021 г., 05:26:1623.06.2021
– elixir-lang-core
Hey Jonatan!

This looks very interesting. As you mentioned, I think this would be great as a library for now until the RFC gets stable so that the Elixir standard library won't have to adapt and support potentially outdated draft specs.

Thoughts?

Andrea

Jonatan Männchen

не прочитано,
23 июн. 2021 г., 05:34:4123.06.2021
– elixir-lang-core
Hi Andrea,

I thought that maybe that step can be skipped because it is unlikely to change at that point. I'm fine with building it as a library as well.

If the Elixir Core team is potentially interested in this, I'll build this as a library and try to keep the same style as the existing Base module so that it can be merged easily later.

Jonatan

Jayson Vantuyl

не прочитано,
23 июн. 2021 г., 05:58:3823.06.2021
– elixir-lang-core

It’s not my best work, but I implemented Base85 at one point in the past for a project. I’d be glad to donate it as well. It’s a bit more dicey in terms of (lack of) standardization, but it’s as dense as it gets for a text-friendly encoding. I’m sure it would be pretty useful for anyone who needs to pack maximum data in minimum space over an unusual channel. (It worked great for me to tunnel binary-encoded terms over PostgreSQL’s NOTIFY mechanism.)

Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений