Sound Not Working ALC888 ..... on Acer Aspire 7730ZG

1 view

23dornot23d

Jun 15, 2009, 9:49:47 PM6/15/09
to Elive Testers
Have created a Web Page will update as I find more information .......

http://keithaerospace92.googlepages.com/elive

Have run the latest download of Elive version Elive-Compiz version
1.9.29 ..... and still get no sound.
if I run (Ubuntu my sound works both in Intrepid 8.10 and Jaunty 9.04)

23dornot23d

Jun 16, 2009, 5:11:07 AM6/16/09
to Elive Testers
Not sure if its the Kernel that's different here .... My Elive version
is ......
2.6.26.8-elive-686

Ok use Synaptic ..... download the headers for this ..... done ....
now is compiling ....

utils/link-modules /home/keith/alsa-driver-1.0.20

ALSA modules were successfully compiled.

WARNING!!! The mixer channels for the ALSA driver are muted by
default!!!
You would use some ALSA or OSS mixer to set the appropriate volume.

Think its time to reboot ....... see what if anything has
changed ........

SORTED ........ as easy as that ......... ;)

23dornot23d

Jun 16, 2009, 4:28:25 PM6/16/09
to Elive Testers
Not sure what is wrong with the latest Elive Installer failed twice
and comes up with the strangest error Message ,,,,,

Have just upraded the distribution off the Net has I have no other
choices .........