Are problems with one of the packages outside the scope of this venue?

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook

Nov 24, 2009, 6:42:33 AM11/24/09
to Elive Testers
Are problems with one of the packages outside the scope of this venue?

I ask because I've got a problem with lyx...

My eyesight isn't the best, so I tend to prefer large print output. To get this
with lyx, I need the Document class "book (more font sizes)" But even
though I installed texlive-latex-extra & texlive-latex-recommended, I can't
get output with my "book" class document because that class is listed as
unavailable...

Is there a package I'm missing? All I want to do is set a font base size of
14 point type... I can get this document class in both Kubuntu And Sabayon.
But I hate to have to reboot every time I need to print...