Repositories outdated?

Fito

Nov 30, 2009, 12:05:48 PM11/30/09
to Elive Testers
Friends,

I'm using 1.9.51 and I saw that the repositories are outdated..most
program are older version of current, like pidgin, kopete,
openoffice,etc.

I did an upgrade from a previous version, and my repos are:

http://us.repository.elive-systems.com/
http://us.debian.elive-systems.com/

are this repositories correct?

Thanks

Fito

kevin

Nov 30, 2009, 2:30:35 PM11/30/09
to Elive Testers
Hello,

You maybe can try on the european respository:

http://europe.repository.elive-systems.com/
http://europe.debian.elive-systems.com/

I have see update on novembre on.

Kevin

On 30 nov, 18:05, Fito <fitolar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I'm using 1.9.51 and I saw that the repositories are outdated..most
> program are older version of current, like pidgin, kopete,
> openoffice,etc.
>
> I did an upgrade from a previous version, and my repos are:
>
> http://us.repository.elive-systems.com/http://us.debian.elive-systems.com/

Fito

Dec 2, 2009, 7:28:56 PM12/2/09
to Elive Testers
Kevin

Thanks for your answer. I tested the European repositories and are the
same than US.

Thanks,

Fito

On Nov 30, 2:30 pm, kevin <ke...@icedslash.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You maybe can try on the european respository:
>
> http://europe.repository.elive-systems.com/http://europe.debian.elive-systems.com/
>
> I have see update on novembre on.
>
> Kevin
>
> On 30 nov, 18:05, Fito <fitolar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Friends,
>
> > I'm using 1.9.51 and I saw that the repositories are outdated..most
> > program are older version of current, like pidgin, kopete,
> > openoffice,etc.
>
> > I did an upgrade from a previous version, and my repos are:
>
> >http://us.repository.elive-systems.com/http://us.debian.elive-systems...

Kaspar Kööp

Dec 3, 2009, 4:54:11 AM12/3/09
to elive-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think the problem is in using Lenny as a base for Elive... This means we have old versions of software.

When Elive moves on to be on Squeeze (debian testing at the moment), we will have an upgraded programs... but of course nothing as bleeding edge as in Sid :)

Kaspar

Fito

Dec 4, 2009, 6:20:08 AM12/4/09
to Elive Testers
Yes..You are rigth.. I was taking a look of the Lenny Packages and are
exactly what we have on Elive..We should wait ..

Thanks,

Fito
On Dec 3, 4:54 am, Kaspar Kööp <meb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the problem is in using Lenny as a base for Elive... This means we
> have old versions of software.
>
> When Elive moves on to be on Squeeze (debian testing at the moment), we will
> have an upgraded programs... but of course nothing as bleeding edge as in
> Sid :)
>
> Kaspar
>
> 2009/12/3 Fito <fitolar...@gmail.com>> Kevin
>
> > Thanks for your answer. I tested the European repositories and are the
> > same than US.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Fito
>
> > On Nov 30, 2:30 pm, kevin <ke...@icedslash.org> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > You maybe can try on the european respository:
>
> >http://europe.repository.elive-systems.com/http://europe.debian.elive...

daryl

Dec 4, 2009, 8:26:26 AM12/4/09
to elive-...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know how to install elive in 1gb of storage as advertised? I have an old industrial web tablet (WebDT360 and a DT366 that) have 1gb of storage. Did not see any options in the elive installer for compressed install. Looked over forums on elivecd.org but dont find much. The touchscreen on these tablets is supported on lenny but no squeeze or sid so I want to test this feature before the distro upgrades.

Thanks
quotaholic

Don Boyd

Dec 4, 2009, 8:49:31 AM12/4/09
to elive-...@googlegroups.com

Don Boyd

Dec 4, 2009, 8:51:09 AM12/4/09
to elive-...@googlegroups.com

dibl

Dec 5, 2009, 11:05:35 AM12/5/09
to elive-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Don. By the release announcement I figured there was a menu option in the installer. At least thats how it read.

The Elive team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.9.51." What's new? "Compressed file system - if you have a computer with a tiny hard disk (like Eee PC 2 GB SSD), you can now install Elive using a compressed file system so that the entire system will fit in 1 GB

Possibly someone should throw a link up in the elivecd forum if this translated to "you compress our own file system".

I am also looking to install to a nand flash ssd, aka, module on a chip ide adapter. The menu option makes this soo much easier.

Thanks again