elive 1.9.44

chattrhand

Sep 28, 2009, 10:21:55 AM9/28/09
to Elive Testers
Hello Elive Team,
I am testing elive since 1.6. I like it very much. Once I even
installed a version on harddisk, but mainly I use it via liveCD. By
the way I have some very different engines running and so I am aware
that the most recent versions are not always running on my older PCs.

Now I am a bit annoyed that elive 1.9.44 hangs up with no comment
while booting on a lenovo R61ti, a samsung p510 and a dell c540, but
is very well running on a macmini duocore 1.66 GHz. (all of the fine
features of elive, skype included, and the 2 hours time zone delay)

Any ideas? I suspect the fs but cannot find why, as the laptops need
manual powerdown after hangup. The earlier versions of elive are
running very well on these laptops.

chattrhand

chattrhand

Oct 1, 2009, 12:47:34 PM10/1/09
to Elive Testers
Hello Elive Team,

meanwhile I found elive 1.9.46 where the abovementioned problem is
fixed. Boot and run on any of my test engines is ok now. A very fast
troubleshoot!

CD booting is always slower than booting from hard disk installation.
Elive seems to be the fastest linux distro (pure Debian may be a
little faster) and is even usable as a live CD for testing hardware
and internet accessability.

Its GREAT! Please continue your work!
chattrhand

Thanatermesis

Oct 2, 2009, 7:29:51 AM10/2/09
to Elive Testers
Yes, this ISO includes a new kernel, happy to know that works for
you :)

Thanatermesis