Lenny vs Sid for ELive

circfile

Dec 31, 2009, 1:29:55 PM12/31/09
to Elive Testers
Let me get this clear first. ELive is a fantastic distribution.
Thantatermesis et. al. are doing an incredible job, period.

That said, here's my problem. I'm running ELive dev at work. They
use Exchange 2007 for the mail server, but they are not using the IMAP
+WebDAV on the exchange server, so I cannot use Evolution-imap
plugin. Brutus is out of the question. I must use Evolution-MAPI,
which is only in Sid. I cannot simply load the unstable Debian
repository, install MAPI and unload unstable, because Evolution-MAPI
relies on something upwards of 40 packages, including system packages
which I'm pretty sure would break my install if they got out of whack.

So, I'm stuck. Either I rebuild my system using Sid and the
alphagemini repo for E17 - which I *REALLY* don't want to do, because
ELive is so damned good OR I figure out some way to get evolution-mapi
into ELive, which does not seem bloody likely.

Very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Calin Miclaus

Jan 4, 2010, 3:29:34 AM1/4/10
to elive-...@googlegroups.com