I made a post and it didnt show up.

1 view

Seth Russell

Apr 30, 2005, 2:14:55 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
http://www.elistic.net/user/canyouhearme

I made a post and it dissapeared. What am i missing?

Seth Russell
http://bozofaust.blogspot.com/

fra...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2005, 2:33:08 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
Hm, strange... I just dug into the log file, and I don't have a record
of your submission ever getting there. I see a request for the "add
entry" form, then nothing. Can you try again for me, maybe just a quick
test entry, and tell me what you see after you press "Save"?

Also, any of this information you can give me would be very helpful to
figure it out: What web browser are you using? Were you trying to
create a public or private entry? When you logged in, did you choose
the "save login info on this computer" box? Anything else that you
think might be relevant could help, too. Sorry you're having trouble!

Thanks!
- Frank

Seth Russell

Apr 30, 2005, 2:44:12 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
Yeah just tried it again.   Same result.

Here is a screen print just before i clicked save.
http://tinypic.com/4sh555

Seth
--
Seth Russell
www.speaktomecatalog.com

Seth Russell

Apr 30, 2005, 2:46:59 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
PS.  I backed up to the screen and clicked save again
and i saw
Invalid link ID entered

Was that because i put a hyperlink inside of the box that says:  Link this Entry to: ?

Seth
--
Seth Russell
www.speaktomecatalog.com

Seth Russell

Apr 30, 2005, 2:49:51 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
PPS.  Tried it again and it worked :)

Perhaps i am misinterperting the link box to be any kind of hyperlink.
--
Seth Russell
www.speaktomecatalog.com

fra...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2005, 3:38:50 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
A ha! Congratulations, you have just uncovered usability problem number
one! That box is not actually a hyperlink - it provides a way for you
to link one Elistic entry to another using it's permalink ID. If you
want to see it in action, click "link to this" on an existing entry and
it will be populated automatically.

Sometimes it's tough to understand how others will see a feature from
the outside when I've been deep into figuring out how to make it work.
I'll update the form to make that a little more clear. For now, if you
want a hyperlink in your entry, you'll have to include it in the note
text.

- Frank

Seth Russell

Apr 30, 2005, 4:15:33 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
Ok ... i see ....

Another problem now:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://www.elistic.net/rss/user/canyouhearme
Line Number 10, Column 99:

Seth

On 4/30/05, fra...@gmail.com <fra...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Seth Russell
www.speaktomecatalog.com

Frank Pape

Apr 30, 2005, 4:39:07 PM4/30/05
to eli...@googlegroups.com
OK, that one's obviously wrong.. it was a silly text formatting bug
that I just cleaned up.

- Frank