april @ eliotneighborhood.org

Eliot Neighborhood

May 3, 2017, 12:21:05 AM5/3/17

Annual Eliot Spring Clean Up

Cleanup

2016 Eliot Cleanup

It’s that time of year again when we get the urge to do a bit of spring cleaning and get rid of all that clutter that has been gathering in our closets, basements and garages.  How convenient that the Eliot Neighborhood Association is organizing it’s annual spring clean-up event where you can bring  items that you no longer want that someone else may have been pining for and throw away that broken chair that’s taking up valuable real estate in your shed.

When: Saturday, May 13 from 10 am -2 pm
Where: Legacy Emanuel parking lot at N Graham and Williams

Be Asbestos Wise When Remodeling

Fibrous tremolite asbestos on muscovite. Courtesy Wikipedia.

If you have an upcoming home remodel or other improvement project that will create waste from the construction site, you’ll want to know about steps you can take to protect your health and reduce your exposure to asbestos. You’ll also want to make sure your materials don’t contain asbestos, and if they do, you’ll want to know how to handle and dispose of them properly.

LUTC Meeting Minutes 2017-04-10

Eliot Neighborhood Association

Land Use and Transportation Committee

Meeting Minutes from April 10, 2016, respectively submitted by Mike Warwick, Vice-Chair

Meeting was called to order by Chair Allan Rudwick at 7:10 PM

A quorum of the Committee was present, including Clint, Allan, Phil, Laurie and myself.  Also preset were Nan Stark from Planning and residents Rebecca, Sara, and Ian.

Join Us…Adopt-A-Block

PickUpTrash

Keep the Neighborhood Clean!

The  Adopt-A-Block initiative is making a difference!  We are adding new folks slowly but surely. Below is a list of your neighbors who have committed to helping keep the neighborhood cleaner and therefore a more pleasant place to live.

A World Champion in Our Midst

Photo of Molly McConnel

Molly McConnell, world champion boxer and owner of McConnell’s Boxing Academy

Place yourself at the corner of NE 7th and NE Broadway. What businesses do you remember seeing there? A few weeks ago, I would have said, “A mattress store, a few bars, restaurants, and the Les Schwab tire dealership.”

-----
Stay up to date!  Receive an email each time a new article is posted on eliotneighborhood.org.  To sign up, visit http://eliotneighborhood.org/follow-us/.
Eliot Neighborhood Association . eliotneighborhood.org