may @ eliotneighborhood.org

1 view

Eliot Neighborhood

Jun 1, 2015, 12:04:10 PM6/1/15

Eliot’s Best Patios

Entrance to White Eagle patio

As dry, sunny days become more frequent, Portlanders begin to think about how we can make the most of these few glorious months before the dark, damp weather turns us into recluses once again. Good news if you live in Eliot or just pass through on a regular basis. Our neighborhood has some great patios where you can bask in the sun (or hide from it in the shade while still smelling the fresh air). We asked you to name your favorite patio in the neighborhood and here are the results! We planned to publish the top three, but we had a tie for second place, so here are the four best patios in Eliot!

Continue reading Eliot’s Best Patios

Know your board: Allan Rudwick

Posted on May 29, 2015 by Sue Stringer

“Know your board” is a series of articles to help you get to know the members of your Eliot Neighborhood Association Board.

Allan RudwickAllan Rudwick

Allan Rudwick has lived in Eliot for the last 7 of  his 8 years living in Portland. He spends his days working for a tech company on the Westside and likes that Eliot has such easy access to the I-405 freeway. Also convenient are the Matt Dishman Community Center, the newly renovated Dawson Park and Irving Park.

Continue reading Know your board: Allan Rudwick

Donate to the Dawson Park Summer Events

Crowd at Dawson Park Reopening Ceremony and Concert

Your Dawson Park Summer Event Committee has been hard at work this winter and spring gathering sponsors to be able to put together a fantastic lineup of concerts and a movie for you this summer. These events are free to the public but couldn’t be done without the support of our local sponsors as well as individual donations. If you’d like to donate to the Dawson Park Concert fund, it’s easy! Simply visit the Give to Concerts site, choose “Dawson Park” from the drop down menu , then click “Give Now!” to pay through PayPal and receive an immediate tax receipt.

Continue reading Donate to the Dawson Park Summer Events

Know your board: Patricia Montgomery

Posted on May 23, 2015 by Sue Stringer

“Know your board” is a series of articles to help you get to know the members of your Eliot Neighborhood Association Board.

Patricia MontgomeryPatricia Montgomery

Patricia Montgomery is a native Oregonian and has lived in Eliot for 26 years.  Her favorite things about the neighborhood are the accessibility to the city, the diversity of the neighborhood and the sense of a caring community.

Continue reading Know your board: Patricia Montgomery

Spring has sprung

Posted on May 20, 2015 by Sue Stringer

Spring Flowers

A Letter from the Eliot News editor

Spring has sprung and summer’s coming! It seems hard to believe that summer is on its way soon. Your kids may need some activities to keep them busy so look for the listings of the fun activities at Matt Dishman Community Center this summer as well as the art classes available for all ages at the Irvington Ceramics Club.

Continue reading Spring has sprung

Know your board: Sue Stringer

Posted on May 17, 2015 by Sue Stringer

“Know your board” is a series of articles to help you get to know the members of your Eliot Neighborhood Association Board.  Eliot has a very diverse board.  It consists of men and women who care about our neighborhood. We want to share a little bit about your board members.

Sue StringerSue Stringer

Sue Stringer is fairly new to Eliot. She has lived in the neighborhood for the last 3 years but has lived in Portland on and off for 17 years.  She is also new to the board joining in January as the Eliot News Editor.  She joined the board because she wanted to get more connected with the neighborhood and meet new neighbors.

Continue reading Know your board: Sue Stringer

Board Meeting Minutes 2015-4-20

DRAFT—NOT YET APPROVED

6:35 Meeting begins with a Pair and Share Question:

What do you need from you Neighborhood Association the most?  Social engagement, political representation for change or improved identity and safety?  What are you doing to take action?  What most excites you about this group/project?

Continue reading Board Meeting Minutes 2015-4-20

Proposed Development

Development in North Eliot.  P - proposed, C - under construction.  CS- construction staging.Development in North Eliot. P/Pr – proposed, C – under construction. CS- construction staging.

There are quite a few projects going up right now in and around Eliot.  North Eliot is getting most of the action. The two proposed large six-plus story tower developments at NE Fremont and Williams as well as the project at NE 7th and Russell have driven the most uproar.  However, there are a number of  other developments being proposed  or already under construction.

Continue reading Proposed Development

----

Stay up to date!  Receive an email when something is posted on eliotneighborhood.org.  To sign up, visit http://eliotneighborhood.org/follow-us/.

Eliot Neighborhood Association . eliotneighborhood.org