august @ eliotneighborhood.org

Eliot Neighborhood

Sep 2, 2015, 12:50:02 PM9/2/15

Hungry for Lunch or Need Meals Delivered?

Meals on Wheels

If you’re age 60 or older and looking for a great place for lunch with a fun group of people, plus interesting activities, why not stop by the Meals on Wheels People/Loaves and Fishes Center at 5325 Northeast MLK Blvd?  They serve delicious, nutritious lunches with a choice of entrée every weekday from noon until 1:00pm.  The suggested donation is $3, but no one is ever turned away.

Continue reading Hungry for Lunch or Need Meals Delivered?

Up Close and Personal: Pat Montgomery

St Phillip Church Members (Pat center in orange)
St Phillip Church Members (Pat – center in orange)

“If you listen you’ll learn a lot. If not you’ll miss a lot” Patricia Montgomery’s former employer and mentor Arthur Palmer once told her. That wisdom resonated with Pat and she recognizes its application in many areas of her life.

Continue reading Up Close and Personal: Pat Montgomery

Reasons To Join Our Board

Outreach Table
Eliot Neighborhood Outreach Table

You probably can tell a story about your best group experiences. We aim to have those at all our Eliot meetings.  We want you to feel welcome and connected and sense the trust even when no ones talking.  As Chair, I welcome you to consider joining our Board or our committees and I have nine reasons you might want to:

Continue reading Reasons To Join Our Board

Eliot’s Best Brunch Spots

This April one of Eliot’s staples, The Waypost, stopped serving brunch, but fortunately for residents of the neighborhood, we’ve still got some great options for Portland’s favorite meal! We asked for your input and now here are the top three!

Continue reading Eliot’s Best Brunch Spots

Summer Photo Contest Winner

Shara Alexander
Shara Alexander

Congratulations to Jeri Stein and Jacinda Perez, the winners (we couldn’t pick just one) of our summer photo contest!

Continue reading Summer Photo Contest Winner

Neighbors in Recovery Give Back

VOA
VOA MRC Building

I don’t want to be selfish and want to be the best person I can be”.  This is a quote from a new neighbor you may not have met yet. You also may not be familiar with at least 50 other new neighbors who want you to know how much they appreciate being in this neighborhood.  They reside in the building at MLK and NE Sacramento, which is the home of the Volunteers of America Men’s Residential Center.  It is the place that 52 men call home for 6 months while overcoming addiction and working on recovery.  They are our neighbors and they would like Eliot to know a little more about them, how they are helping our neighborhood and the program that they are going to be graduating from.

Continue reading Neighbors in Recovery Give Back

Faubion Is Moving To Tubman

Faubion North
New Faubian North Entry

As part of the PPS School Building Improvement Bond, Faubion PK-8 School is being rebuilt in partnership with Concordia UniversityFaubion PK-8 students will relocate to Tubman School, 2231 N Flint Avenue, Fall 2015 through Summer 2017.  The old school will be demolished and the new one constructed during this time.

Continue reading Faubion Is Moving To Tubman

Update on Rodney Greenway

Ivy Diverter June 2015 Proposal
Ivy Diverter June 2015 Proposal

Starting 6 years ago, there was a long series of discussions about N Williams and what the community wanted to see there. A big part of that was seeing a neighborhood street with thriving businesses; seeing a street that was easy to cross and one that was not a racetrack for cut-through drivers. We have nearby MLK Blvd and Interstate-5 serving those purposes.

Continue reading Update on Rodney Greenway

-----

Stay up to date!  Receive an email each time a new article is posted on eliotneighborhood.org.  To sign up, visit http://eliotneighborhood.org/follow-us/.

Eliot Neighborhood Association . eliotneighborhood.org