licence

Alexander Garcia Castro

May 14, 2014, 4:10:30 PM5/14/14
to elife...@googlegroups.com
Dear all, I would like to use lens. what are the restrictions imposed by the license? can lens be used by anybody? if I change the code, does it have to be also open source?

Randall Leeds

May 14, 2014, 4:24:02 PM5/14/14
to Alexander Garcia Castro, elife...@googlegroups.com
So, yes, you can do whatever you want and you don't have to do anything but reproduce the copyright notice and license conditions somewhere.

Note, that's redistributing the _lens_ source.

There's no particular requirement on what you do with your original source.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Alexander Garcia Castro <alexg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all, I would like to use lens. what are the restrictions imposed by the license? can lens be used by anybody? if I change the code, does it have to be also open source?

Ian Mulvany

May 14, 2014, 8:21:07 PM5/14/14
to Randall Leeds, Alexander Garcia Castro, elife...@googlegroups.com
What Randall said.

We chose BSD as a hat tip to Ivan who was working at Berkeley at the
time that he was working on Lens.
- Ian

---
Head of Technology - eLife